Chapter 7

"Yes, Fee, it's me. Where are you?" She asked in a softer tone. "Val told me that you left school with a friend of yours. Why?" I chewed on my lip as Bram entered the room.

"I don't want to talk about it over the phone, Vi." I whispered into the receiver.

"Okay. Meet me and Val at dad's in ten minutes. We can talk there." Viola said before hanging up. I was shaking as I pressed the end button. This is the first time in a year and a half I've heard from my sister. Why is she here now?

"Fee?" Bram called as he sat next to me. I took his hand in mine and squeezed it once.

"That was my sister Viola. I haven't heard from her in a year and a half." I said, going into auto pilot. "Can you take me to my dad's?" I asked. Bram nodded and helped me to my feet. We drove in silence to my dad's place. Between Val and I, I'm sure Bram's gotten a good picture of Viola. Vi only texted or called Dad and Valentine for a few years until she just stopped all contact. She rarely contacted me the first year she went to college. She told me that she wanted to be as far away from all this family drama, so she left me for California. I loved my sister more that anything, and she loved me. She understood my pain, and I loved her for that. She reduced my urges to cut. I just don't understand why she couldn't have taken me with her.

"Fee, we're here." Bram said softly as he parked his car. I nodded once as I went for the door. "Fee, wait a minute."

"Bram..." I choked out. I really couldn't handle whatever he was going to say to me right now. I was an emotional wreck.

"Shh, Fee." He commanded softly. Bram scooted closer to me and cupped my face in his large, warm hands. "I just want you to know that I like you, Ophelia. Like, a lot. And I'm not going to leave, okay? I'm not going to do what Viola did to you, what your mother does to you. I'm always going to be here for you."

Then something inside me snapped. I leaned forward and pressed my face into the crook of his neck and cried. I really had no reason to be crying, but all of these tears burst out of me eyes and down my cheeks. That was possibly the most sincere thing anyone has ever said to me in my entire life. My heart races as he wrapped his arms around my frame and dragged me into his lap, cradling me like a child. As the tears slowed, I looked up at Bram sheepishly.

"I like you, too, Abraham." I whispered, smiling as the tips of his ears went red. I never noticed that before.

"You are the only person besides my mom who know's my name, Ophelia." He whispered against my cheek. I giggled. I felt special being one of two people who knows his full name.

"I like your name. Abraham. It's meant for a strong man." I whispered.

"You are nothing like your namesake, Fee. You are not going crazy, and I won't become this psychotic ass who is the reason you go crazy." Bram confirmed as he trailed his fingers up and down my back. I kissed him. Not because I thought what he said was romantic, not because I wanted him to get in my pants. I kissed him because... because I needed him. Physically and emotionally.

Our lips moved against each other like two dancers, moving passionately in their dance. I cupped the side of Bram's neck as his hands made their way into my hair. I thought we could have gone on like this forever, but my moment of bliss ended all too soon when Valentine and Viola banged on the hood of the engine.

"Stop sucking her face off, Stomes." Val growled, his jaw set. I gulped and slid off of Bram's lap as I fixed my hair. Bram shook his head and pulled me back onto his lap.

"I'm not finished yet." He said to me. "Promise me, no matter what, you will call me if you ever get the urge to cut. I want to know that I am going to see this beautiful face everyday." Bram ordered softly, resting his head against mine. I nodded once and wrapped my arms around him tightly.