Chapter 3 - Noah

I wake up at dusk remembering what I had agreed to do. I think about putting off the mission for a little longer, but I figure there is no need to prolong what I need to do. Besides, it seemed very important to King Sebastian and Queen Adrianne. Although, I could not care less about how much this means to them. I try to think about what things I might need, but nothing comes to mind. I decide I will just go about the journey and hope I am prepared enough. I mean at least I am a morphling which means getting to the kingdom of Welsh should not be much of a problem.

  I leave my house and walk to the edge of Change and look beyond to the land that will lead me straight to the kingdom of the foreigners. I look up at the sky and see the moon start to rise. I want to wait for night to travel, but there is really no point in waiting. So, I morph into a bat ready to fly towards Welsh. I go into the air and head straight. I am not really sure how long this journey is, especially since I am flying over. I have many nocturnal morphs, but my favorite is the bat. It is nice because I can fly, but the bat is also small so I can hide in small places. The bat also does not leave any tracks, so no one can figure out where I have been. I might seem very sneaky and mischievous, but in reality I'm not...usually.

  I am not sure how long I have been traveling when I notice the moon is all the way in the sky and starting to go down. However, that means night will come to an end soon which could pose a danger for me. I start to wonder if I am even heading in the right direction. Soon I see a sign that reads Welsh is coming up in a couple miles. I am relieved when I suddenly fall from the sky on to the ground, no longer a bat. I look up at the rising sun. Dawn was becoming day which meant morphing was no longer an option for me. Since I am a morphling of the night, I can not be in a morph during the day. Once the sun starts rising at dawn, I only have a few minutes to get back to my human form or I will immediately unmorph.

  I have no idea what to do now, because there is no where to take cover. I decide to just continue on. I mean, I will have to be able to stay up in the day, so that I do not stand out among the foreigners. I continue walking in the same direction realizing it was faster when I could fly. I hope that once I get to Welsh that there is not a lot of people out, so I can sneak in from beyond the border. I look up and realize I will soon find out. I see the sign for Welsh and the sign for the village in the distance called Harpoon.

I wonder if this is the village with the castle. As I draw closer, I am glad to see a castle in the village, which means the fuslings I am looking for should be somewhere in the village. I just hope I will know them if I see them.

I run the rest of the way to the village. Then I carefully check to see if anyone is around. When I see no one around, I take a few steps which brings me into Harpoon in the kingdom of Welsh. Making sure there still is no one around, I run farther into the town because it would be weird if someone found me at the border. That could cause questions which could lead to problems.

  It is almost the middle of the day and I am suddenly very tired. I must make myself continue on though, especially now that I am in this kingdom. I try to act like I know where I am going when in reality I have no idea where I will end up. I happen to wander into a market. I decide to walk through and look around while doing so.

As I go past a stall, I notice someone. I carefully go around the corner to get a better look from behind. The person is obviously a girl because she has silky brown hair that goes down her back. I do not know why, but it seems familiar. Then the girl glances behind her and I realize she reminds me of what I remember Persephone looks like. I never really was face to face with her;  I always saw Persephone from a distance. I wonder if this is one of the fuslings I need to find or just some foreigner. I figure that if this is just some foreigner they might still help me a little.

  I see the girl walk forward and turn out of the market. I follow carefully so as to not draw any unwanted attention to myself. I am not scared of being noticed though, because I have spied before in Change. It is just part of me. Not that I am some sort of criminal or anything. Suddenly the girl turns down a road. I feel like this is just a foreigner because she seems to know her way around as she weaves in and out of the town to a field. I stop suddenly. If I go any further it will be obvious that I am following her since no one else is around. I decide to wait a few minutes before I go any further.

Then I slowly walk out into the field. For a moment I am afraid the girl has left as I do not see her. Then I notice her out of the corner of my eye. I take a breath and walk over to her. The girl turns when she hears me walking up behind her. We stare right into each other's eyes for a second.

  Then the girl says, "Why are you following me?"

  Suddenly I do not know what to do. She knows I have been following her and she does not seem pleased.