Chapter 12 - Pennamore

I run back to my area where I can not be disturbed by anyone. It was fun being with Noah for those few minutes. I haven't laughed or really smiled for three months. Those are things I usually do in Change with Persephone or just by knowing she is there. I usually avoid others who live in Change just because I am not really comfortable with anyone other than my twin. I did not know that I could joke with another morphling or fusion. I find myself thinking back to being in Change with my sister, the only person I feel calm around, the only person who can get me to do things I would not normally do.

However, as much as I want to reminisce right now, I realize I have more important things to worry about. Laughter and smiles are nice, but without Persephone, those are mostly fictional emotions.

  I decide to go to sleep and see what tomorrow will bring. Will it be the day to reunite with Perry or will tomorrow be just like the past three months? I can not know, but I will still not be willing to give up, not when I have come this far. I fall asleep quickly into my dreams, into a place outside this reality.

The thing that startles me is the pressing sensation in my mind. Persephone. Something is wrong. The connection my sister and I have allows me and her to feel strong emotions or messages from the other. Those include warnings, pain, insecurity, and things of the like. I know this sensation is a warning, which is good. If it was something else, I would feel useless. There would be nothing for me to do as at the moment we can not fuse together. The problem with the warning is I do not know what she could consider a warning. I can not know until the morning.

  At the first sign of dawn, I wake up. I need to get to Persephone. I quickly morph and fly away towards the castle, to her, to the danger. When I fly up to the window I see Persephone. She is awake and looking to the window, waiting for me. When she sees me, she runs over.

  I ask, "What is going on? Why were you warning me?"

  Persephone speaks quickly informing me so I can do something.

"Penny you have to get me out of here. There is no time. I can not say why, not here, not when it is possible we could be heard. Just trust me, please. Find a way to get me out of here by tomorrow. If you can not do that, it is likely we may never see each other again."

  I know Persephone is being truthful. It is not like her to jump to conclusions. I just wish I could know what is happening.

  I say, "I can try, but I do not know if that is possible. It might be easier if I knew what was going on."

  "Hold on for a moment."

  I watch as my sister runs off grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. She frantically writes words down onto the paper. Whatever is going on I will find out soon, not by her lips, but by her words. That might be more powerful anyways. Perry has always been stronger at writing. Once she finishes, Perry runs over folding the paper and holds the paper out.

  I quickly state, "I'll try. I promise."

Then I grab the paper in my beak and fly off. I fly back to my base. I am so focused on getting somewhere safe to see what Persephone has to say that I do not notice anyone around the area. I quickly unmorph and unfold the paper.

  Noah scares me as he says, "Woah. Why are you in such a hurry?"

  I jump around fumbling for words.

"Not now. I have to see what is going on that Persephone finds so dangerous."

  I look down at the paper and start to read it. How my sister managed to fit everything down in so little of time and write neat, I do not know. Maybe she already had written it out and just added some more details.