Chapter 7 - Noah

The girl moves out of the way and I see we are in an old neighborhood. Some of the houses are falling apart.

I ask, "What do you want me to do?"

The girl responds, "I was wondering if you could help me get something that I need from a special location?"

"Why do I have to do it?"

"Well, if something bad happens I do not want to get in trouble. Hopefully, by the time they figure out what happened I will already have it and no one will question me."

Oh, this girl is afraid it is wrong to do whatever it is. I mean she could be trying to break into a building. The question I had was why would a girl need help doing something in this old neighborhood.

I ask, "Why do you need this?"

The girl states, "You sure ask a lot of questions, but if you must know I just need it. It is very precious to me."

"I do not believe that. Why do you really need it?"

The girl takes a deep breath before saying, "Look, if you do this for me I will tell you. I promise."

"You want me to trust you. I do not even know you."

The girl says, "Well, I do not seem to have a reason not to trust you, because my parents obviously do. Therefore you must not be bad in any way."

I do not understand what she tells me. However, I decide to trust her. I mean I was already doing it. So, I agree. However, it is not hard, for the moment. Although this could be dangerous, as I do not know what she wants exactly. I know my sister uses tricks like this to get me to do things for her.

I say, "Fine. Now, there are things you have to tell me first."

She says, "Okay. Follow me. I can not say these things here."

Reluctantly, I follow. I feel like this is some sort of trick. I should have just left this girl from the beginning, but instead I had the bright idea to listen to her and tell her things. Why was I so gullible and stupid?

The girl leads me down the road. I notice it is almost night time. That is a good thing, because this has been a long day. She seems to know where she is going. I just hope this will pay off. She leads me all the way down to an old building. I wonder what we are doing here. Then she goes down the side of the house. I follow and see her go into a small gap in the side of the house. I do not know why, but I enter in behind her where she lights a candle making the small area light up. There are random things in the room. I watch as she goes over and looks at something. Then she comes over to me and looks up at me.

I wonder what she is going to say. I have a feeling she will say she can not help me and has just been using me. If she says that, we will have a problem. I mean how would this girl actually know Pennamore or Persephone? Why had I not thought about this before? If she does know them, what reason would she have to actually tell me? She knows things about me that she could easily tell the foreigners. What would I do if I could not find Pennamore and Persephone to bring them back to the kingdom?