Chapter 1

Thunder struck over head, and black clouds rolled in. Hard bullets of rain soaked the land, and turned dirt into mud. Harsh wind made the trees shiver, and the town didn't seem like itself.

"The weather, it's disgusting." Veronica hissed, to her left stood her best friend, Betty.
"It's not so bad, V." Betty responded, opening the sliding door that lead to the woods, and sticking out her hand.
Betty and Veronica were friends for awhile, ever since Veronica moved back.
Betty was a sweet, innocent blonde. Veronica, was a spicy and secretive brunette.

It was senior year, and the town felt more quiet than it had ever been. People didn't talk, they kept to theirselves. Not very many friendships were being made, and every day felt like the last. Cold, and dark.

"Have you talked to him ?" Betty pressed towards Veronica, seriousness in her voice.
Veronica knew exactly who she was talking about, Archie Andrews. He, was with Veronica since the beginning of their Highschool careers. They were, the couple that everyone looked to. They know who they were, and what they were about. They knew what they wanted, and they gave it to each other. It all ended, one day, out of the blue, and unexpectedly. Shocked the school, and the town. They aren't theirselves anymore.

"No." Veronica responded immediately, sitting next to Betty on the bed.
"He isn't who I am anymore." She added.

-

Archie walked on the sidewalk, the sky showing dark signs of rain, but it always did that. Thoughts ran through his head, multiple uneasy thoughts. The summer was coming to an end, and the feeling of emptiness lurked through the town. All Archie could think about was Veronica, and how much he missed her, but he didn't want to. They talked about their future, repeatedly to each other. It was love, and everyone knew the love.
Sweat appeared on his head, and the expressions on his face showed the frustration. He wanted to fight for Veronica, that's what he's always wanted, and that's what he's intended to do...

I'm sorry this is such a short first chapter, but my thoughts are still rolling in for the better parts of the story !! Thank you for reading :)