Chapter 2

It was morning, and the trees rustled slowly. Clouds still hung overhead, sun still hid behind trees. The city stood still, and only a couple people walked the streets.

Archie and his best friend Jughead sat at Archie's place, talking about school, Veronica, Betty, and the future. They haven't been friends long, yet they knew each other quite well as if they were. Jughead had dark hair, and always wore a hat on his head, it's just what he was known to do. They were the power male duo, Archie and Jughead.
"What jobs, have you thought about doing ?" Jughead questioned Archie, moving back to the conversation about future.
There has been so many things, that Archie went through over the summer, that he was lost for words. He didn't feel the want to do, or accomplish anything. Not even a job.
"Maybe, be a cop, or FBI. I wanna find things, figure things out." He replied, scrolling through Social Media News on his phone.

Earlier in June, before Veronica and Archie broke up, they went on a walk through the pine woods. There was a sun poking through the clouds, and the taste of sweet pine filled the back of their throats. But then again, a stench filled the air, it was so unfamiliar.
They decided to go down by the water, and enjoy the cold feeling of the earths water on their feet and bodies. They had fun, splashing around, doing things they loved together, and it all ended with a kiss.
The stench got stronger as they walked in the water, they could feel the vomit in their stomachs get stronger as it smelled worse, and worse. An unusual shape floated by the shore, a little ways from them by the weeds. They inched closer and closer, where in their sight they seen a desiccating male, the stench overcome them. Veronica screamed, and ran to shore, and Archie wasn't to far behind. Their hearts beat so fast, and the horror and fear overcome their bodies. The terror shown on their face, they had no idea what to do.
"Archie ! What the hell was that !!" Veronica breathed heavily, panic in her voice.
Archie was breathing heavily too, confused.
"It was a dead body, a fucking dead body !" He yelled, pulling Veronica's arm in the direction to leave.
"What're you doing ?" She questioned.
"We can't stay here, they'll think it was us !"
"Archie, we have to help !"
"Do you really wanna get caught up in that V ? Let's get out of here now !"
Veronica thought for a moment, and shivered as the picture or the body appeared in her mind again.
She nodded, "okay, let's go."
They rushed out of there, not looking back or having any final decisions.

And, that was probably the worst thing they have ever done, which, drove Veronica to break up with Archie.

Archie thought about that moment again, tears got misty in his eyes and he rushed them away. He couldn't believe they've done that, but they had no choice.
A few weeks later, but before now, the police discovered the body as the stench got worse. The teenagers name was Jason, and he was dead for almost a month. All of the high school knew him personally, he was mostly a friend to all. And he was dead, murdered, and it was a twisted tale.

Veronica felt the pain clog her throat, as she sat at the breakfast table, not eating with her mom. The thoughts flooded her brain, and the pain was to real.

Archie and Veronica haven't spoke of the moment, but the pain and feeling of being guilty was to real, they couldn't cope anymore. They had to speak up, everyone needed to solve this mystery of Jason.