Chapter 7

It's the day after the party, where all hell had literally broke loose. It was a disaster, entirely. Archie and Veronica sat at the hospital, with the man in their grade who had been shot in the ribs, he was alive, but the doctors had no more news. Veronica has been trying repeatedly to call Betty, but she wouldn't pick up. She couldn't bring herself to think that something bad happened but, what else could she do ? There is a possibility for everything.

Veronica leaned her head on Archie's shoulder, as they both were exhausted from lack of sleep the night before. They sat in the guest room chairs, the whole night, they didn't want to leave.

"I should probably call my mom, she might be worried sick." Veronica lifted up her head, and stretched slightly. Archie of course watched her every move in fascination. He almost got turned on by her expression on her face, and the way her body moved. He bit his inner cheek slightly, and made sure she couldn't see.

"Yeah, you should call her." He nodded, pulling out his phone so he could message his family to let them know that he was alright.

The man lay in the hospital bed, pain shot all over through his body. The doctors were able to remove the bullet safely, and patch him up. He was going to live, and he was going to be okay. He didn't have a cell phone on him, or anything that would reveal his name. They wouldn't be able to contact any family for him. Archie and Veronica asked kids around if they knew his last name, because they only knew him by Charlie. The class clown, the one who always was able to put out a laugh. Yet, then again, no one really knew anyone. So how would they truly know how funny he really was ?

A groan slipped from Charlie's lips, he was definitely in pain. He slide his hands down his chest until he reached the patch over his bullet wound. He gasped, and slowly gripped all the faded memories from the night before. He could've died.

"What the, hell." Charlie whispered, as some parts of his body were numb.

Archie lifted his head as he could see in the room window ahead of him that Charlie was okay, he wanted to tell Veronica but she was clearly on the phone with her concerned mother. He made his was inside the room, slowly.

Charlie poked his head up and stared at Archie as he walked in, neither of them saying a word to each other yet.

"Hey, Charlie." Archie began, slowly making his way over to the bed. "How're you feelin' ?" They were both nervous, they could feel each others presence tempting.

"Well Archie, I was shot yesterday and am sitting here alive, so I really don't know." He chuckled, but then instantly held his chest after as if he was about to fall back in pain again. The doctors said he was lucky, that the bullet could've went into his lungs but it only missed by so much. Not a lot of people were as lucky as Charlie, it was almost rare to survive a bullet wound. He was strong.

"Thank you for bringing me here Archie, you practically saved me." He smiled, a tear rolling down his cheek. "But this son of a bitch has to pay for what all he's doing. He killed Jason, Took Cheryl, and he almost killed me man."

"I know, I know." Archie said, resting his hand on Charlie's shoulder. Veronica's heels clicked as she made her way inside the room and behind Archie.. "Hey" She whispered, showing a white smile towards Charlie. He could tell she was going to ask if he was okay, so he just answered "I'm doin' fine" before she could. Veronica nodded and proceeded to tell them that Betty ended up calling, and her mom was alright with her staying the night at the hospital.

"Yeah, Betty called and told me that her and Jughead are back at Jughead's home, safe. They just ran last night, and didn't stop running. They ended up calling Jughead's dad and he came and picked them up, they told him everything." Veronica finished explaining to Archie.

"Your car is still there." Archie reminded her, looking at the door to leave and then back at her. "Shit !" She exclaimed, making a disgusted sound and throwing her head back. The mutual feeling between them not wanting to go back to that house is livid, not to mention having to go there by themselves to get Veronica's car back wasn't the highlight of their day.

They ended up telling the doctors what they had to leave for, and warned to keep a close eye on Charlie, and to keep him safe. They couldn't risk anyone else getting hurt...

-

Hey everyone ! Thank you so much for enjoying my story so far. It's getting even more interesting isn't it ? Well, I promise you it's going to get even better for Archie, Veronica, and everyone for here. And better, do I mean good better, or BAD better ? We will have to see. Anyway, this chapter was kind of a dull short one going by I have been nonstop writing the past couple of days and I am feeling exhausted. But, we are seriously close to 300 reads ! You have no idea how much that means to me, seriously. I have never had that much reads on anything before ! The future is looking so bright ! You guys inspire and motivate me in everyway to write a little more each day, and add some more interesting things to our stories. We are on this journey together. I LOVE the voting, and I love the reads. Please, give me some suggestions for books to read or feel free to ask me to read one of your books ! I'd love too. Also, stay tuned for another story that I'm creating soon that's not a fanfiction, but probably going to be one of the best stories I create. The Title will be Chains. Thank you so much for everything you guys ! I hope you have a fabulous rest of your day :)

- Trinaty