Chapter 8

It's been a couple days since Charlie was shot at the party. Veronica and Archie haven't been back to see him lately, nor did they even talk to each other that much. The town was starting to go quiet again, which, of course it would after even more incident's are going on.

Archie lay in his bed, pretty much naked staring at the ceiling of his bedroom. It wasn't that big, a nightstand and bed were the only thing that lay inside. He only lay in his bed and thought. He began to think about all that have happened in the last week. He got closer to Veronica, and was believing that they had a hope to be back together again. Then again, the party was crashed by a killer behind a mask, and Charlie almost died. Things were crazy, and he could only hope that things wouldn't get worse.

Veronica had a journal, where she kept all the worse things that have happened in her life in there. She had the moment when her parents spilt in there, and many events that lead up to now. Yet, she never wrote about the bad times between her and Archie. It was almost as if they were sacred, and they almost were.
She stared down at the notebook, wondering if she should write about the Charlie incident that happened at the 'big house party'. Something pulled her back, it was almost as if the universe just didn't want her to.
Veronica's phone lit up, she could only imagine that it was probably from Archie. But it was peculiar.
On her phone, read a phone number that she had never truly seen before. Could it be Betty ? Jughead ? Did they get relatively new phone ? Of course not. They would've said.
The text read "*Veronica Lodge, is it ?*"
It was entirely peculiar, and didn't make sense at all.
Her heart thudded in her chest, who the hell would be texting her at that hour in the night ?
She didn't respond, and sat there coming up with scenarios.
"*How was the party ?*" The stranger asked again, it felt like their words were climbing up her skin and gripping her at her throat. She panicked, but had no words to respond.
Her body started to shake, and an overwhelming feeling came over her. She quivered with fear.
"*who are you ?*" Veronica finally decided to respond. She wanted to tell Archie, and she wanted to tell Betty and Jughead but she wanted to figure this out for herself, it'd almost feel like the first time she unraveled something on her own.
"*That comes later.*" Was the response from the stranger in the next text message.
"*If you're thinking I want you, that's not it.*" A response shown from the phone again.
Veronica bit down her nail, not knowing whether to shake it off and go to bed, or continue to stress. This was mind flipping.
"*then what DO you want ?!*"
"*I want to have a little chat, with your friend Archie...*"
She froze, she couldn't believe she texted back. And now this killer wants Archie. There was no way in hell that was happening. She cared, she always have.
"* not going to happen.*" Veronica ended the chat, deleting the messages and moved on to call Archie.

Archie's phone rang, yet the feeling of not wanting to answer came over him.
He thought about Veronica, and the tormenting thought that she would never look at him as a loving boyfriend ever again. He wanted to cry, scream, punch something, but he laid there in silence. Not answering his emergency phone call.

"Please pick up !" Veronica yelled into the phone, as she thought about how he might even be sleeping. She couldn't take it.
"*ARCHIE !*" She texted in all caps, trying to get his attention the best way she could. She wasn't succeeding.

He decided to move. Archie picked up a t-shirt and pulled it over his head, grabbing his house key and walking out of the door, and out of his house.
The night was incredibly dark, and you wouldn't be able to see anyone walking without a flashlight. There was no wind blowing, and it wasn't incredibly chilly either. Trees rustled slightly overhead, and that was about it. There was no cars roaming around, especially not this late at night.
Weeds started to move more aggressively nearby, which made Archie get spreading chills.

He ran his hands through his hair, proceeding to walk into town.
He felt a hand on his shoulder, and he whipped around as quick as he could as he felt a left hand stroke him in the nose, knocking him to the ground.
The stranger was dressed in all black, and you could still not tell if it was a male or female. Their face was hidden.
Archies head hit the cement, permanently knocking him out. The stranger threw him over his shoulder, and walked to a van that wasn't to far away from where they were.

He dreamt of Veronica as he was knocked out in the back of the van. Heading to wherever their destination was.
Another teenager down now, how many more until they are all gone ?