Chapter 6

Archie and Veronica were friends again, and that's how it was going to be. They didn't talk much, but they didn't ignore each other either.
It was early October now, which means the weather was getting chillier and the leaves were starting to melt away their green color.
Pumpkins began to show up on families porches and young kids got ready for Halloween festivities.
Things were starting to get, weird.
People were talking again, and the town began to open up a little more. More people and families walked on the streets, and more friends began to hangout. It wasn't how it used to be, but it was getting close
But also, things were taking the wrong turn. Teenagers were showing up missing a lot more now, and almost all teenagers stayed hidden at home.
Cheryl Blossom, Jason Blossoms redheaded sister, ended up going missing only a week or so before the now.

Betty was at Veronicas house, they talked about Cheryl and Jason, but also some off topic things in between.
"So, what're you gonna he for Halloween ?" Asked Veronica, playing quirky.
"What do you mean ? We are to old for that." Betty responded, confused.
"Eeeek, no ! We are not ! We have all the right in the world. And besides, it seems like we all hide behind masks anyway." Veronica watched herself in her bedroom mirror, playing with her hair and applying more purple lipstain to her puckered lips.
"Maybe, but I wouldn't wanna go as anything." Betty watched her.
"Get a white sheet and cut some holes for eyes, you can be a friendly neighborhood ghost." Veronica snickered, watching Betty as she rolled her eyes.
"Maybe I'll try to be something relatively, I don't know.. 'sexy' this year ?" Betty looked down at her outfit. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and on her body she wore a babypink sweater with some white skinny jeans.
Veronica was the opposite. She wore a black jacket, with some dark blue jeans that clung against her legs. Her dark hair was curled down her shoulders, and high heeled boots hid her feet.

"I was thinking, like, cat woman or something ?" Veronica sat next to Betty now, pulling out some mascara to apply to Betty's eyelashes.
"Please be careful." Betty leaned back.
"I do this all the time, come here." Veronica pulled her head closer, and stroked some thick black mascara to Betty's blonde eyelashes.

"Perfect, now, let down your hair."
"It'll irritate me, I'll just put it back up."
Veronica took Betty's hair tie out of her hair, and snapped it. Handing it back to her.
"No, you wont." She smiled, getting up and checking herself in the mirror one last time.
"God, where even is this party ?" Betty asked, getting up and crossing her arms.
"I have no idea, but Jughead and Archie will be there so we will be safe." She grabbed her bag. "Nothing to worry about."
"You can just say that." Betty stopped her. "Cheryl is gone, someone else can go missing tonight too, maybe one of us."
"That's exactly why we will be safe tonight, Betty. No one is going missing. The ghost lurking around town, is not getting anyone tonight.

Betty nodded and proceeded to walk out of the house after Veronica, to head to a massive party that most of their class is invited to. No one in their class has ever really talked, no one really let themselves. No one knew each other. This was how their town has always been, except for when they were little. Betty and Archie used to be the best of friends when they were little, until Betty told Archie she loved him before her and Jughead became a thing, and before Veronica moved.

The house that the party was being held at, was huge. They have never seen it before. There was vines that crawled up the side of the house, and bushes that hid the front of it. A metal fence wrapped around the house, seeming as though it did not want anyone to come in or get out. Cars lined up on each side of the road, it seemed like there were hundreds of them.

"Are you ready ?" Veronica looked towards Betty, she could see the nervousness on her face as she was biting her bottom lip.

"Maybe, I think so." Betty responded, not making eye contact and focusing her vision on the overly large mossy house.