Chapter II

Roman's foot was bouncing up and down as he sat, waiting for someone to tell him what they had planned for him. He could admit that this had not been how he was expecting his week to go, and he was now starting to wonder what would happen to the relations between his and his bride's kingdom if he should not show up at all. In fact, he was beginning to wonder if he should be killed. 

I didn't want to be married, but that's not to say I wanted this to happen to prevent it, he thought as he rubbed his wrist out of nerves. As for missing the wedding, I think it would be a little out of my control to miss the wedding if these pirates decide to kill me. What does this pirate want with me? Why does he need a prince for? Why was I foolish enough to mention we were a royal vessel?

The prince jumped, standing up as the door swung open suddenly. The man he knew to be the captain entered with a confidence in his step he wished he could pull off. "Greetings, your Highness," he said, voice still smooth and seductive as he approached the table in the center of the room. "Can I call you Princey?"

"What- What do you want with me?" Roman demanded, ignoring his question as he felt the panic in his chest rising. 

The pirate chuckled, smirking as he moved around the table toward him. Not knowing what he was doing, the prince backed away, but he continued toward him until he was pressed against the wall of the cabin. His hands landed on either side of his head as he leaned in close to him. "You can relax, your Highness," the captain murmured, eyes seemingly inspecting every part of his face. "I have no intentions to hurt you, so long as you don't give me a reason to."

Their position just made Roman more tense, seeing as this pirate was really attractive and he was very close. "Y-You..." he tried, hating that his gaze had landed on his enticingly close lips. He forced himself to meet his gaze only to find that speaking was even harder as he looked into his dark brown eyes. He cleared his throat, shaking his head slightly. "You didn't answer m-my question. What do you want with me?"

The captain chuckled, looking extraordinarily pleased with himself as he pulled back. He moved back to the table, sitting down and putting his feet up in an annoyingly relaxed position. "Well your Highness, my name's Virgil, but you could just call me captain," the pirate, Virgil, told him as he looked at him. He nodded to the seat across the table from him. "Sit down Princey, you look like you look so tense."

"Are your captives usually calm about having been kidnapped?" Roman asked in reply as he sat down. 

"I'm not one for taking captives, so I wouldn't know how most would behave," he replied with surprisingly honest tone to his voice. "I was simply under the impression that knowing you weren't in danger would make you calm down." 

Virgil looked at him with a slight smirk before continuing. "So, about why you're here," he began. "There's been rumors that one, or more, of the princes of this region's kingdoms contains something of mine. You're here so we can find out if you have it, or to assist me in getting into palaces nearby to get it."

"Wait, what?" 

"It's quite simple. Your status will be able to get us into any royal events where I can find any prince who has what I'm looking for," he said, sounding bored. "We first have to check to see if you have what I want."

Roman stared at him in confusion. "Why not do that back on my vessel and avoid all of this?" he questioned with a bite on his lip. "I'm not really on the best terms with the other princes of the region... I doubt I could actually get you into any of their palaces."

"Well, if that happens to be the case," Virgil said, standing up and moving around behind him. The prince tensed up as he leaned down next to his ear to murmur into it with a deep laugh. "You could always be of other uses to me, your Highness."