Chapter 7- Threats and Surprises

Harry’s POV-

I sit in the desk waiting for Eve to come into class. I hum to myself and graffiti over my book. Not really graffiti but more of a mixture of lines and words and random stuff that I have no idea what they were meant to be at the time.  I feel my phone vibrate in my pockets.

Stay away from the new girl or she gets it!

--H

Gets it? Gets what?

Out of the corner of my eye I see Eve walking up to the back row of desks.

“Hello gorgeous.” I smile.

“Hey,”

“What’s wrong?”

“I ran into Hayley and she was telling me that you cheated on her not the other way around and she pretty much thinks that we’re going out and she wants me to stay away from you.”

“Oh, just ignore her. Don’t worry about what she says.”

“It’s not true is it? You didn’t cheat on her did you?” She asks and I begin to wonder if she had started to believe what Hayley had said.

“No of course not, I would never do that to anybody.”

“Sorry, I just wanted to be sure.” Then she goes back to her usual smiley self.

Eve’s POV:

I sit beside him thinking about what it would be like to be the one he liked. I had had one boyfriend before and he was just a waste of time. Sure it lasted a few months but it was nothing serious at all and he would just flirt with other girls right in front of me and then tell me about my flaws as if I couldn’t already see them.

I copy down notes while Harry draws over his book while humming. Recognizing the song I hum along with him.

“Do you sing?” He asks.

“No just hum.” I answer, though the honest answer would be more along the lines of, ‘yes but I am too shy and nervous to let anybody hear it.’ But for the time being that answer will suffice.

We walk out of class chatting about what we would do if we were millionaires.  Harry seems to have a rather long list.

 One in particular did make me blush however, “I would take you anywhere you wanted to go.” I’m certainly falling for his charm. And you know what, I don’t feel guilty at all.

The days of the week seemed to fly by, Harry and I spent heaps of time together and I made other friends too. Mostly male simply because Harry had introduced me to them but I also got to know some of the really nice girls in my class. One of them being Amy, a really sweet girl with the strongest British accent I had ever heard, I find it quite funny that when I came here people just kept talking about my accent and how different it was when I was in a school full of strange English accents of many types. It was starting to give me a headache to be honest and what I wanted more than anything in the world was to hear a Australian accent.

My wish came true on Saturday morning when my mother showed up on the doorstep with her suitcases and everything. I ended up spending the whole weekend hanging out with mum and my grandparents and showing mum around town I did feel bad for having to cancel my plans with Gemma and Harry though they both said it was fine and that we could just do it next weekend I really hate making plans and not going through with them. But anyway now I have my mum here who is now officially Holmes Chapel’s new tourist/resident. She is currently obsessed with taking photos of everything as if expecting them to disappear in the next few minutes.

I was really happy now that mum was here too. I had a piece of home, something Australian.  But that happiness was ruined by something British when I walked to school with harry again, I walked into school hearing the whispers of a rumor spread by Hayley.