Chapter 9- Admiration

Eve’s POV

I give Harry another massive hug in front of everyone, I’m too happy at the moment to care about what people think of it. Firstly harry bought me Katy Perry concert tickets, and he is coming with me….does that count as a date? Was that his intentions? He said it was an early birthday present because the concert is a few weeks before my birthday but either way I’m so happy. I know I’m a muggle and all but if there were a dementor in town I could banish it with ease….well if I had a wand that is…wow I am such a Harry Potter nerd.

I pull of my bag and yank my locker open, a flood of folded paper flows out of my locker and all onto my lap and the floor. Harry laughs at me and helps me clean up the mess and hands them all to me. Just as I go to open one of the notes the bell rings, I immediately shove them all in my pencil case crumpling them but still managing to fit them all in.

I try to read them in class but every time I do the teacher tells me to put them away and to pay attention. Harry chuckles beside me because usually it is him getting in trouble and being told to concentrate not me. I’m usually the one helping him with his homework because to be honest he was busy being silly and joking with me all lesson.

It kind of amazes me how somebody had shoved so many letters into my locker. They were all small pieces of paper that had been folded in half to fit in my locker, but now they were folded and crumpled as if they had just been scrunched up together in tiny balls.

Harry eyes me strangely every time I open up my pencil case to read one, I know they are just letters but somebody had gone to the effort to put them in my locker when I wasn’t around and it kind of intregued me. But then I began to wonder….somebody had gone out of their way to sneak something into my locker when I wasn’t around to see. Could there be something on theese letters that I would not want to see. Possibly something mean? Should I just through them in the bin?

No, they might be good, and if they are bad I can handle that right…..right?

I decide to leave them for a bit and see how things go. But I can’t just leave them in my pencil case, they already fall out by the ton whenever I open the zip. When class if over I pour them all into my jacket and roll it up into a ball and shove it in the bottom of my bag, I’ll just see how the day goes and all that. If I’m gonna be hurt I’d rather go through most of the day without feeling bad and then feel bad at the end. Though I would prefer not to be sad at all….

My decision cemented when I saw Hayley turning around to look at me with an evil smirk on her face. At lunch Harry and his mates sit with Amy and me as always and they plan a big hangout at the movies.

“How much would I have to pay you for you to let me straighten your hair?” I ask Harry while braiding it for him.

“Free.”

“Okay….How much for you keeping your hair like this all day?”

“Ten, minimum.” And with that I pull out my purse and hand him some money and with his cheeky grin, he accepts.

I was surprised to see Harry proudly parading off his new braids to the entire school as he walked down the corridors.

***

I hug Harry goodbye, and run into my house.

Just as I pull the door closed I hear him yell, “LOVE YOU!” I smile to myself and rush upstairs to empty my bag. I pull out my jumper and shake it our so that all of the letters pour out again as they had before.  There was probably fifty give or take a few.

Some had drawings, some had small amounts of writing on them, by the time I had looked at five the intentions of the letters was crystal clear…..I had a secret admirer.