16

"Is the food fight gonna be in the article?" Sofia asked me before math started.  

I nodded but told her I wouldn't be including any names. The break up caused me a break from being bullied, but I was nervous about their fights a lot more. I didn't want them to take it out on the whole school. I looked behind me and saw Aspen, talking to Becky. Becky wasn't too enthusiastic to talk to her, because she kept rubbing her fore headand sighing. I looked at Zac who was talking to Cyrus and he was glaring at Aspen. 

"Sofia, I'm gonna go try to...talk to them," I said, nodding at Aspen and Becky. 

"What, are you kidding?" she said. I tightened my ponytail like that was going to prep me enough. "Okay, I'll make sure Aspen doesn't try to stab you or something." I smiled and lifted my chair, joining the two girls. They both looked equally surprised, for two different reasons. 

"What do you want, you boyfriend stealer?" Aspen said nastily.  

I took a deep breath. "I came here to tell you that I didn't do anything," I informed. "And when you heard me talking to Dexter the other day, at the park, I wasonly trying to help you." 

"Yeah, right. That's why you said 'why can't you just break up with her'," she said, clenching her fists. 

"I saw you crying the other day Aspen," I said. "I wanted to know why and I found out why. I didn't want you to be sadder than you already were." 

"And this will make me happier?" she said. "Why can't you just mind your own business, why do you care whether I cry or not? Stop being such a nosy bitch." 

"Aspen..." Becky said. "But, were you really crying?" 

"Shut up, Becky," she said. "Dexter is an asshole and I didn't realize earlier. If anything, I think Maya stole him away from me. He's always talking to her and paying attention to her." 

"But Dexter does that to everybody," Becky said.  

"Shut up!" Aspen said, making everyone look at her. "What, what're you looking at?" she hissed. Everyone looked away and I started to become a little sweaty. When has she become so, cruel? 

"Aspen, I'm really sorry. I only wanted to help you," I said. "Dexter didn't even like me, and he didn't even listen to me. If anything, I can try getting you guys back together." 

"I'm not getting with him again," she said coldly. "I should've broken with him a lot earlier."

Wasn't she was just sucking his dick two days ago? Now she hates him. Funny.

"Then how is it Maya's fault?" Becky said. Aspen and I both stared at her in surprise. "I mean, if it wasn't for her, you guys wouldn't have broken up, right?" 

"Who's side are you on Becky?" Aspen said angrily.  

"Aspen, you're confusing yourself and I don't want my friend to be so confused," she said softly. "First, you say Maya took Dexter away from you, and then you're saying you're glad you guys broke up." 

"But I don't like Dexter, Aspen, I hate him," I said. "I was only trying to tell him that he's hurting you and he should stop." 

"You know what? I hate you and Dexter both equally," she spat. "I just want you to stop talking to me and get the hell out of my face."  

I winced at her sharp words and stood up. Either Aspen was in a trauma or she didn't want to accept the fact I did her good. Or I was at least trying to help her. Becky's face was expressionless as I took my chair back to Sofia and remained there for the rest of the period. Sofia asked me about all of the details and I told her without much effort or emotion. I was too tired of this drama, and worried what this meant for me.