Dead?

"Alaska I think he's dead." Potter's broken voice came through the phone.

"Where are you?" I was already placing every medical thing I possessed into a duffel bag and motion Jerome to get the car.

She told me the address and writhing fifteen minutes Jerome and I were racing through the November air into a warehouse. The concrete floor was splattered with blood and there were two sets of broken bindings around two wooden chairs.

"Who did this?" Jerome's voice growled out, but Potter couldn't answer. She just sat there shaking head head and trying to do compressions on her little green boy.

"Potter move let me handle this." I went over and sat the duffel bag by the boy's body. His face was already swollen beyond recognition and his nose appeared to be at an odd angle.

"Potter you need to get off of him so I can look at him." I sent a look at Jerome as Potter was still sobbing while attempting compressions. He walked over and pulled her off, using his superior strength to keep her away,

"You need to call my friend from college, Levi Anderson. He's got equipment to deal with this." I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and threw it to Jerome, not sparing a glance to see if he did as told.

I opened the duffel bag and started to pull out syringes and stabilizing equipment. I was nearly finished when I noticed that once again his breathing was beginning to stop. It had already been a battle to get air into him due to what I suspected was a punctured lung along with swelling, but we'd managed. Now though, I had to take out an intubation tool and assist his breathing.

Once he was semi-stabilized, I looked over to Potter to see her just staring at his broken body with rivers of tears coming from her eyes and Jerome hanging up my phone and looking to his brother with an unreadable expression.

"I don't know how he'll be, but my friend knows his stuff. I've got him stabilized for now."

•*•*•*•

"So Anderson, how's Jeremiah?" I looked at my college best friend who was covered in my now best friend's blood.

"He'll live, but I don't know much else. There was a lot of damage." Levi looked towards my sister who he'd never met before. "Is that your sister?"

"Yeah and the man you just saved is her fiancé so thank you." He looked over towards Jerome and a visible shudder overcame his body.

"I don't like the people you're hanging around Lask. It's not you-"

"Shut up. That man over there, he might be a criminal and he might be one of the most dangerous people in Gotham, but I love him. Don't tell me what I am." I glared at him until he gave me a single nod. "Thank you for the help. We'll take him and be on our way."

I threw a look to a surprisingly quiet Jerome who was glaring daggers at Levi. As soon as he caught my eye he joined my side. Together the two of us were able to move Jeremiah to a wheelchair and then to his and Potter's apartment.

•*•*•*•

Jerome and I were in the kitchen, me sitting on the counter top and him staring at me from his spot leaned against the fridge. He'd been in that position since we got home.

"What's on your mind Ginger? Is it Jeremiah?" I asked, assuming his unusual quiet demeanor had something to do with the critical condition of his brother.

"What? No. That bastard will be fine." He shook his head at me and i furrowed my brow, trying to figure out his deal.

"Then why are you all quiet?"

"I'm trying to put together my master plan for world domination." He gave a mock bow at his words.

"Yeah sure...what else?" He gave me a scowl before giving me the real reason.

"I'm hungry." His mouth turned to a pout and I saw an opportunity I couldn't let pass.

"Hiya hungry I'm Alaska!" I jumped off of the counter and grabbed his hand. "Why don't you come with me and I'll get ya some food and introduce you to my fiancée Jerome. He can be a prick but he's usually great..." he let out an offended gasp and threw me over his shoulder.

"Well then Alaska. Let me show you just how much of a prick I can be."

•*•*•*•