If You Can't Beat Them Join Them

It was late night. Leslie finished work, she walked out of the restaurant and started to walk towards her car. After she got to her car she got inside and started the car, she then drove off. She made her way towards a bar that she use to go to when Derek was with her. She pulled into the parking lot, got out and locked the door behind her. She then walked inside and sat down. The bartender looked at her. "What will it be sweetie?"
he asked her. She looked at him and smiled, a very weak smile. "A jack and coke will do."
she said. He then started to make her drink. After a while he handed it to her.

Two hours went by. Leslie was drunk then ever, she has never felt this way in a while. She wasn't use to getting this drunk, because after the break she was here every day. But that was all a whole ago, the bartender reached for the phone and made a phone call. After ten to fifteen minutes, Derek came through the doors of the bar. He then walked over towards Leslie. "How long has she been here?"
he said the bartender. The bartender smirked looking at him. "Two hours now."
Derek tapped on Leslie shoulders, trying to wake her. "What do you want?"
she said. As she lefted her head, she looked at him frowning. He looked away, but she could see in his eye's he was pissed he had to come and get her. He placed his arm's around her waist and pulled her up. "Come on let's go?"
he said. Leslie grew mad and then pulled away.
"Don't give me your fucking attitude. It is not like I asked you come and get me, you freaking jerk."
she said to him. She then turned and started to walk towards the door, but before she could make it all the way there. She was feeling dizzy and she was about to go down. Before she could hit the ground, Derek caught her and then picked her up and walked out of the bar.

They had left the bar. They ended up back at Derek place, he walked inside his house. It was pitch dark, but he managed to make his way towards the couch. He placed Leslie down, he then walked over closing the front door, and turning in the lights. As he walked back over towards her, he looked down at her and sighed. "Damn. Why do you have to be so stubborn? I swear you piss me off."
he spoke to her as if she could hear him. He looked around and scratched his head, after a while he decided that he would place her in the bed. He picked her back up and walked towards the bedroom, which was up the stairs. But he managed to make it up to the top, he then walked into the bedroom and placed her down on the bed. He then walked over towards his closet and grabbed a blanket, he walked back over and placed it on her. He then walked over towards the other side of the bed.he layed down and turned on the light, he watched her face as she slept silently. He then noticed that she was crying. "Please.... Derek... Don't hurt me like you did before. Please promise this time you won't leave me. Do abandon me."
he looked at her with a serious look on her face. He was confused on where all of this was coming from. He then pulled himself closer to her, she grabbed onto his shirt." I want you to stay with me. Please Derek I have missed you so long, why can't you see that?"
she was crying heavily. He wrapped his arms around her, he could feel her pain. But he didn't know how to react to it. What if this is how she was feeling all this time? What if he needed to be there when she needed him the most? Had someone hurt her? He didn't know how to address her. But all he could do know is be there for her, at her weakest point. And that was now.

The next morning. Leslie woke up, she slowly opened her eyes. She looked around, frist to her left. She noticed her wasn't in her own bed. She then turned her head and looked to her right,she noticed that Derek was beside her. She sat up slowly, and looked down at him as he was sleeping. She lend down closer towards his face, she smiled. "You always did look your sexest, when you kept your mouth shut." she smirked about her own comment. Just then Derek opened his eyes,

His eye's as always pericing right into her soul

His eye's as always pericing right into her soul. She just looked back him. "What are you looking at?" Leslie jumped and then layed down, and pulled the covers over her head. Derek sat up slowly and, pulled the covers off of her head. "Are you feeling better?"
Leslie grew shy, she snatched her covers and mouth looking at him. "Yeah I'm feeling better thank you. Are you feeling okay?"  he smirked and then looked away from her. "Do you remember anything from last night?"
Leslie looked at him confused "I blacked out from to much alcohol." she said. He thought about last night, how she was crying. And all the things she was saying in her sleep. "Okay. If you say so." he said. Leslie pulled herself from his bed slowly. "I should really get going." she looked down to make sure all of her clothes were still on. Derek smirked to himself, as he knew what she was thinking. She turned to make her way out. She then stopped as she remembered, her car was still at the bar. "You wouldn't mind giving me a ride right?" she slowly looked at him.

They arrived at Leslie car. It was still parked in the same spot as last night. She reached for the door, but then stopped in her tracks. She turned and looked at Derek. "I'm sorry for being... You know... Such a bitch to you. But I want you to know that I definitely want to help you out. But please take it easy and be gentle to me?" she said. He looked out the window and then back to her. "I will try, that is all I can say." he gave her a look, that made her whole body shiver. But she brushed it off and got out. She walked towards her car, unlocked the door and got in. She started the car and drove off. Derek sat in his car and watched as she left. He was confused as to why she didn't remember anything about last night. Why she didn't remember herself asking him. Not to leave her alone again. To not abandon her. He didn't know why, but he was determined to find out where her heart really was. Beause he knew what he wanted, he just couldn't tell her. Beause that how he was raised, to never show your emotions. Just show your tough strength and power and people will respect you. At least that what his father taught him. A man shows no weakness towards his prey. And no hesitations towards what he wants. And he did that he shell have it all.