New Face In The Picture

Leslie was at work. It was going well so far, as she worked her shift. She remembered the day before. It was perfect, everything between her and Derek seemed like dream. But she felt happy and content with it all. She felt as though the old Derek was coming back. And it made her happy. She thought about him all through her day. She felt as if she couldn't wait to get home, to see his face, his smile. Those intoxicating eyes of his. She smiled and bit down on her lower lips. She then snapped out of her thoughts, as she heard a voice interrupt her thoughts. "Excuse me? Can I please get some ketchup?" The customer asked. She turned and walked towards the counter. She grabbed the full bottle of ketchup, walking back to the table. She placed it down. "Here you go." She said. She then turned and walked away nervously. Hoping that they didn't see her, standing here in her daze. She just smiled, and continued to work.

Derek was at his desk at work. He stared at his computer for a while. He then took out his phone. He turned it on and went into his gallery. There he had a couple of pictures of him and Leslie from last night. He pulled one up. It was of him  and Leslie kissing. He smirked, as he thought about it. Her lips as soft as cotton. He loved her lips, her skin, her eyes and everything about her. He just wish he could find himself again. To be able to tell her how he feels again. But he didn't have that courage, cause once he started to build it up. His cocky side would come out, and her would do something to fuck it all up. Just then his office door opened. He looked up from his phone, and seen a familiar face he hadn't seen in a while.

 He looked up from his phone, and seen a familiar face he hadn't seen in a while

A fire red head. She smiled as soon as she seen Derek. "Long time no see." She said. Derek stood and walked over towards her. "Jessie." He said. She smiled. "Yes it's me." She said. Derek smiled. Jessie reaches out, and then pulled him close. They hugged. Derek was the first to pull away from the hug. He looked into her eyes. "I haven't see you since school." He said. He then turned and looked at his desk. "Come and have a seat?" He asked her. Jessie walked over the desk and sat down. Derek sat down as well. "What brings you here?" He asked her. "I just come to visit town. It took some time, but I found you. I thought I would just stop by and see you. I have a couple days before I have to be home." She said. Derek smiled. "Maybe we should hang out sometime and catch up." He said. Jessie smiled at the thought. "I would really like that." She said. They both smiled.

Later that evening work was over. Leslie stood outside, she waved goodbye to all of her coworkers. Just as she was about to huff and puff. Derek pulled up. Leslie smiled and then got into the car. She closed the door behind her. And looked at him, with a big smile on her face. "How was your day?" She asked him. She would have kissed him. But it wasn't a normal thing with them. They just weren't comfortable with each other that much anymore. "Um it was well. I met up with a high school friend. In fact tomorrow. I want you to come with us to dinner." He said. Leslie sat there she was a little disappointed. He was just now telling her about this. And it had been a whole day. She brushed it off and smiled. "Sure I would like to." She said. "Okay great." He said. They then started to drive home.

The next night. Leslie and Derek were on their way to meet his high school friend. Leslie sat there nervously. She was wondering if it was a women or  man. Oh why did she have to put those thoughts in her head. They had pulled into a restaurant Leslie had never been to before. They had got out, closed the doors behind them. Derek locked the door, he walked around and grabbed Leslie hand. They then started to walk into the restaurant. "Here to meet Jessie Walker." Derek said. The waiter turned. "Right this way." She printed her hand in the direction, where Jessie sat. As they approached the table. Leslie felt her stomach drop, as she seen the red head. She had never seen this women in her life, the whole time her and Derek was together in high school. She had never seen her before. Jessie stood up and hugged Derek first. She then pulled away and looked at Leslie, she looked down and noticed that Derek and Leslie was holding hands. She smiled and then hugged Leslie. Leslie didn't want to hug her. But she gave into the hug, just to not be rude.

They sat down, ordered and started to eat they're food. Derek broke the silence. "So this is my beautiful wife Leslie." He said Jessie looked at her up and down. And put on a fake smile. "It is such a pleasure to meet you." She said. Leslie could feel the fakeness in the girl. So she decided to be just as fake. "It's nice to meet you too Jessie. Derek never mentioned you before. How did you meet?" Leslie asked. Jessie smiled. "Oh Derek never told you we dated." She said. Leslie choked a little on her wine. And then placed her cup down. "Oh really interesting." She said as she looked at Derek. Derek cleared his throat. "Well Jessie. You never did explain, what brings you to town." He said. "Oh just on a business trip that's all." She said. "What do you do?" Leslie asked. "I'm CEO of a small company, that is growing." She said. Leslie smiled. "Nice." and took another drink of her wine.

On the ride home Leslie and Derek didn't speak. Once they pulled into the drive way. Leslie opened the door and got out. She pulled out her keys and opened the front door. Derek watched her. He wasn't surprised she was pissed. He then got out, closed and locked the door. He followed her inside of the house. Leslie was making her way upstairs, Derek grabbed her arm. "What's up with you?" He asked her. Leslie turned around. "What do you mean?" She asked. "You seem like your upset." He said. "Me upset no. I'm good." She then walked down. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him deeply. Derek was a little thrown off, but he gave into the kiss, and placed his hands on her hips. Leslie pulled away. "See I'm not mad." She said, she then continued her way up to her room. Derek watched her. He knew that she was lying. But he didn't bother to confront her about it again. He just let it go.