Jealous Doesn't Look Good On You

Leslie sat at the dining room table. She was still thinking about last night. She was a little upset with herself, she couldn't believe she got jealous. She never got jealous before, but maybe it was different because she was married to Derek. She felt like he belonged to her. And that they were one. She smiled at the thought. Maybe she had every right to be jealous. She then stuck out her tongue, as if she  was doing it to someone else. Just then Derek came around the corner. He seen her, and then looked into the direction she was sticking her tongue out to.
"You okay?" He asked.
Out of shock that he walked in, she stuck her tongue back in her mouth.
"What? Oh yeah. I'm fine." She said.
"Well then, what was all that about?" He asked.
"I have no idea what your talking about." She said.
"Okay." He said.
He then took a seat across from her.
"Hey tonight we are having a party. Welcoming some business men to town, that want to work with us on some projects. Of course we are going. Do you have work tonight?" He asked.
She smiled at him. And then looked away.
"No I don't have work today." She said.
"Okay so let's go out and find you a nice dress tonight?" He said.
Leslie looked at him surprised.
"Oh why?" She asked.
"Cause I want my wife to look good. So good it makes everyone uncomfortable." He said.
As he said that, Leslie felt her stomach get light. You know butterflies. She liked the way he said wife.

Later that afternoon. Derek and Leslie were at a fancy clothing shop. Leslie walked around and looked for a dress, she would like to wear for tonight. She didn't just want to look good. She wanted to look sexy for her husband. As she walked around her phone went off. She reached into her pocket, and grabbed her phone. It was a number she didn't recognize. That had texted her, she opened the message. It read.
"Hey it's Malcom. Long time I know. I found your number. And thought I would let you know I'm in town tonight, and for a while. Hit me up sometime. I'm going to a fancy party tonight. Maybe you can come." She finished reading. She then thought to herself. Malcom.....Malcom. She then remembered. He was this fine guy who had a thing for her way before she met Derek. Oh shit he still remembers her. Just then Derek surprised her.
"Hey what you doing?" He asked.
Leslie jumped, she then turned off the screen to her phone. Derek seen her do it, but he didn't say anything.
"Noting. I was just looking at this dress. It's really cute. And I like it a lot. I think I'm gonna get this one." She said.
She looked for her size, and grabbed the dress. After she grabbed it, they made they're way towards the register. Derek payed for the dress. And then they left.

Later that evening. It was time for the party. Leslie finished her last touches, to her makeup. She then walked over towards her bed, grabbed her purse. And walked out of her room. After she turned off the light , and closed the door.
Derek waited for her downstairs. He yelled up to her.
"Hey are you ready?" He yelled.
Leslie then walked downstairs.
"Yeah I'm ready." She said.
Derek turned and looked at her.

Derek watched her in shock. She looked lovely in the dress she wore. And she filled it out so well. He be lying if he said, he wasn't feeling some type of way. In a certain places right now. He then held out his hand to her.
"Let's go." He said.
Leslie walked down, she grabbed his hand. They then walked out of the house. Locking the door behind them. The drive there was a little silent. Leslie's phone vibrated. She didn't bother to go in her purse and look. Derek heard it and kept his eyes on the road. Leslie shifted in her seat. She didn't want to tell Derek about, an old high school crush. Contacting her out of the blue.

Once they reached the party. Derek parked the car. He got out, he then walked around to the driver side. He opened the door, Leslie got out of the car. Derek then shut the door behind her. He grabbed her hand. Leslie held his hand tightly. They walked into the party.  Once inside. They looked around. And everyone had they're eyes on them, like they were the only people there. Both Derek and Leslie smiled. And then walked over towards the bar. They grabbed a drink. As Leslie took a drink, she turned and faced the crowd.
"Leslie is that you?" A male voice said.
Leslie looked surprised.
"Oh my god. Malcom."
She said. Just then Derek turned around. He noticed the guy.

Malcom walked close to Leslie

Malcom walked close to Leslie. He pulled her into a hug. Leslie was lost for words. She didn't know what to do. They then pulled away from each other. Derek watched and grid his teeth. Leslie looked back at Derek, she smiled.
"Babe this is Malcom. Malcom this is my husband Derek." She said.
Malcom looked in surprise, at her response.
"Nice to meet you." He said.
He reached out his hand towards Derek. Derek eyed his hand, he then took it and shook.
"Nice to meet you as well. How do you know my wife?" He asked.
Leslie looked at him. Malcom cleared his throat.
"I knew your wife in high school. I use to like her." He said. As he eyed Leslie. Leslie shifted from foot to foot. Derek eyed her.
"Oh high school. Oh that's when we met as well interesting." He said.
"When you said, you were going to a party. I didn't think you would be here." She said.
Derek gave a look that said I'm pissed. Leslie felt it, but she didn't turn to him.
"Yeah. I just didn't hear back from you, since I texted you." He said.
Derek got mad, he stood and grabbed Leslie arm. And walked away......

TO BE CONTINUED