Looking Stupid

Morning had come. Leslie was already and dressed and prepared for work. She stood at the front door. As she reached for the knob. Derek reached out and stopped her from opening the door.
"No let me drive you?" He asked more then telling her. She looked down, she didn't want to look him in the face.
"Fine. Do what you want." She said.
Derek then opened the door. He stood back and waited on Leslie to walk out of the house. Leslie walked out, she then walked towards Derek car. Derek closed and locked the door behind him. He then walked over towards his car, unlocked the door. Both him and Leslie got into the car. Derek started to the car, and then drove away from the house.
The ride was quite. Derek looked at Leslie every now and then. He then sighed as he thought about what happened last night. She was just pissed at him, for something that she didn't even understand. But he thought maybe the truth will make her look stupid in the end.
"Would you like me to pick you up, after you get off work later? I don't have work today." He said. Leslie just sat there and looked out the window. She didn't say anything to him. Derek shrugs it off.
"How about this. How about you meet me after work. I want to go to dinner. Once you get off, go home get ready. And we'll go to dinner." He said. They pulled into her work. Leslie looked at him, she then looked away. Opened the door, got out and closed the door behind her. She walked into work.
Derek watched her. He just smirked.. she had to learn a lesson, and oh boy this was gonna be a good lesson. Cause it was gonna show how jealousy is an ulgy thing. And how she should have faith and trust in him.

Leslie didn't speak at work. All she did was focus on work. Taking orders, making sure everyone had they're food. Meg watched her, but didn't say a thing. She knew that Leslie was upset, but she didn't want to bring up anything, because she didn't want to upset her.
After four hours of work. Leslie sat at the coffee shop, right across from her job. She drank a green tea frappe. She reached into her pocket, grabbed her phone, turned it on. She seen a text message from Derek. It read "Don't forget about tonight." She sighed. She didn't want to go. She almost wanted to text back to him. Why don't you call Jessie, and see if she wants to go. But that would make her seem even more jealous. And she just wasn't in the mood. To really talk or say anything to him at all. So she just ignored him. She then looked at the time and noticed that her shift was almost over. She sighed. What the hell was she gonna do? She didn't want to leave Derek hanging, all cause she was mad. She got up from the table. And began to walk back to work.

Once she made it back to work. She had noticed out the corner of her eyes. A red head sitting at the table. She looked, and there was Jessi sitting eating her food. Leslie made a disgusted face, she then walked passed her and into the back of the restaurant kitchen. She looked for Meg, who was on her phone. Leslie walked over towards her.
"What the hell is she doing here?" She asked. Meg looked at her shocked. She then placed her phone in her pocket.
"Calm down, she is just here to eat. I mean she did ask where you were. But I'm not gonna turn down business." She said. Leslie got even more mad. She turned and walked out. Meg called after her.
"You are bigger then this. And you know it." She said.
Leslie didn't want to hear it. She walked over towards Jessi. She sat down.
"So there wasn't any where fancy, you wanted to eat. You had to come here?" She asked.
Jessi looked at her confused. Leslie stared her down.
"Look you already won. Okay can't you see that. At the party you were the star of the show. And instead of my man being with me, he was with you instead." She said in anger.
Jessi looked at her and smirked. This made Leslie pissed off.
"What the fuck is so funny." She asked her.
"You. You got it all wrong. Derek was with me yes. But you know what he was telling me the whole time?" Leslie was about to speak.
"He was saying that I needed to stay away from him, unless it was about business. That he loves you. And that I will never compare." She finished. Leslie looked at her wide eyed. She felt it. It finally hit her. Here she was being mad at Derek, and she didn't even give him and chance to explain anything. She felt stupid and looked like a complete fool. She looked at Jessi.
"I'm sorry." She said.
Jessi frowned. "I'm not the one you need to apologize to. It's him. I just came to say I'm sorry. And that you guys are perfect for each other. Ever since high school. I was a fool, I have never seen Derek look at another girl, the way he looks at you. And now I see, that he really fucking loves you." She said.
Leslie knew she was right. But why did she feel like, he would hurt her. She got up, and looked down at Jessi.
"Thank you." She said. She then walked away. Meg stood at the counter and watched the whole thing. As Leslie walked towards the back, she looked at Meg.
"Go." Meg told her. Leslie ran in the back grabbed her things, and ran out of the restaurant.

Leslie races home, she hurried and got showered. Put on the best dress she could find. She then caught an Uber to the restaurant. She got out of the car. And powered walked into the restaurant, she looked around and seen Derek there. Sitting at a table on his fifth glass of wine. She walked over towards him and sat down.
"Derek I'm so sor..." she couldn't get the words out. Before he stood up grabbed her hand. And walked out of the restaurant.
"Derek....Wait?" She said. He didn't listen, and he didn't slow down. Once they made it to his car. Derek pushed Leslie up against his car. Leslie looked at him.
"Derek." She said. He cut her off with a kiss. He then pulled away.
"Derek are you gonna let me finish?" She asked.
"Shut up." He said. He then kissed her again. He gripped her hips, pulling her close to him. He groaned into the kiss. Leslie head was spinning. This kiss was so different. And filled with so much emotion. He then pulled away again. They didn't speak, they only looked into each other's eyes passionately. Leslie was about to speak again. Derek places his finger to her lips.
"Shhhh. I know what you are gonna say. I was waiting for you to see it. I married you for a fucking reason. And it wasn't for the stupid company. I fucking love you Leslie. I can't believe the lack of support and faith you have in me. When I told you that you belong to me. And I said my I do's, I fucking meant every word. I know I have fucked up in the past. But I will prove it to you every day. Do you understand that shit?" He said. Leslie was shocked she never seen him like this.
"Yes...I understand." She said. God when he got angry, it was literally the sexiest thing she ever seen. And it made her weak and moist. In a good way.
"Good. Then let's go." He said.
They then both got in the car. Derek started it up. And started to drive home. Derek grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. Leslie looked at him and smiled. As they drove home.
"I love you Leslie." Derek said.
"I love you too Derek." She said back.