Chapter One

Nintendo High...Not your average school. It's pretty new, and this is my first year here. Even though I'm about to be seventeen.

Us students have the choice to stay in a dorm on school grounds, or return home every afternoon. My parents thought it would be good for me to stay in a dorm. So, I do.

I walked down the school hallway, on my way to my doorm. Something bumped into me, and I turned around and glared at another student.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going..." A brown headed boy looked at the ground, scratching the back of his head. His white wings tucked closely behind him.

"Uh, it's okay. It was my fault. I wasn't paying attention..." I smiled at the boy. "My name's Lavender," I held out my hand.

"I'm Pit. Hey, um, maybe we could hang out sometime," Pit shook my hand and smiled.

"Okay," we stood there for a few moments before Pit spoke up.

"Me and my friends are gonna have dinner in the courtyard if you wanna come. Since it will be dark in a little while, we're gonna head there in about thirty minutes," Pit finished in a rush.

"I would love to come...Well, I gotta get going. I guess I'll see you in half and hour," I grinned. Pit nodded.

And with that, I walked to my dorm.

Just as I changed and put most of my stuff up, I realized I only had five minutes to get to the courtyard.

Running as fast as I could, I made it just in time. There were several people sitting around in the courtyard, laughing. Pit looked up and saw me.

"Lavender! You can sit beside Pittoo!" Pit pointed to a guy that looked like him, except that, unlike Pit, he had black hair and wore all black. Even his wings were black. But he didn't really look goth or anything.

"I told you not to call me that, Pit stain. I'm Dark Pit," the guy looked up at me for a second, then looked back at Pit. I sat beside Dark Pit and looked around.

"Oh, guys this is Lavender. Lavender, this is Dark Pit, Link, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi," Pit said as he pointed to each person. Everyone said 'hey' and smiled at me, then continued talking to each other. The only people not talking were me and Dark Pit.

Looking at Dark Pit, I noticed he seemed bored. I played with my fingers, waiting for this dinner to end. Yeah, you can say I'm not very social.

After about fifteen more minutes of this, I stood up.

"Night, y'all. I'm going to go to bed. See ya later," I turned and headed back inside the school.

"I'm going too," Dark Pit said behind me. His footsteps were close behind me.

As I entered the building and headed down the hall, I heard someone clear their throat behind me. Turing around, I saw none other than Dark Pit.

"Uh...Do you need something?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Meet me at the walking trail on the other side of campus tomorrow first thing in the morning," he locked eyes with me.

"O...k..." I said, confused. He smiled, which was shocking, and walked off.

Why did he want to meet me at the walking trail. And in the morning? He obviously wanted to say something that he didn't want anyone else to hear.

Huh...

I shrugged it off and walked to my room, ready to sleep.