Chapter Nine

The tall man stepped out of the arena, and Dark Pit looked up at the other boy. They stood there, both confused and panicked. Realization came to me as I stared at the other boy. It was Ash, another student from Nintendo High.

Cages opened around them, and monsters came out. Dark Pit stood up and faced them, exhausted. Ash turned his back to Dark Pit, and I assumed they would be allies.

The monsters charged toward them, and I knew there was no way they could win against five creatures, each well over twice their size.

My legs pushed forward, and I shoved through the crowd. I finally made my way to the edge, and looked down, into the arena. If I jumped down, I doubt I'd break anything. So, I did.

My feet landed on the hard, dirt ground. The arena operator stood from his seat, and he looked at me in rage. Dark Pit was facing away from me, but Ash saw me. So did two of the massive creatures they were supposed to fight.

Just as I stepped towards my two allies, there was a loud crash from above. I looked up on instinct, and my eyes widened. The sky was visible where the ceiling was gone, and someone was flying above. Pit!

More of the ceiling crashed down, and I could hear explosions. The monsters around us stared up at the sky, low growls coming from them.

There was a blimp coming from behind Pit, and several long ropes fell our way. I ran to the nearest one and grabbed it. I turned to see Dark Pit and Ash do the same. The ropes began to lift us up and towards the blimp.

Angry screams could be heard from the crowd, and the monsters jumped and bit at us. There was so much commotion under us, that I didn't notice the missile coming straight towards Ash. At the last second,  glanced to see him holding onto his rope, and the missile collided with him.

The small, yellow creature was attached to the rope, and watched in horror as his master fell. I avoided looking down, knowing I'd regret what I would see. Ash was gone, and even though I never really knew him, I felt awful.

We were pulled up and into the blimp. Pit followed us inside, and ran towards Dark Pit and I. He hugged each of us tightly, and I hugged back.

"I thought we were too late," the brunette angel gave us a small smile, and I returned it.

"What about that?" Dark Pit pointed towards Ash's pet. It was hurled up, in shock.

"Ash didn't make it?" Link spoke from behind us. I turned and faced him.

"No..." Dark Pit and I responded simultaneously. Link sighed and looked at the Pokémon.

"We'll find someone to look after Pikachu," He said quietly. I nodded and turned to Dark Pit.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"You?" He asked, stepping towards me.

"Yeah." I stood beside him, then turned to Pit.

"Let's get going. We don't want them following us," Pit spoke, then walked off.

Whoever they were had something major against Nintendo High, and we weren't safe anymore...

Sorry for the short, crappy chapter. I just wanted to go ahead and update. So, I hope you enjoy!

~Pika