Chapter Eight

Okay, HUGE HUGE HUGE shoutout to Artemis_Icarus! I remember waking up one morning and getting a message from her. At the time, I was upset because of family drama (not that it's over now -__- that's why I haven't updated my stories). When I checked it, I saw an incredible long and kind message from her about this story, and it made my day.

So, this story is for her. Check her out please! She's so nice and sweet! I also got some really creative ideas from her for this story, so here's the update!

My eyes slowly opened to face metal bars. I sat up weakly and checked my surroundings. The air was cold, and I could tell I was underground. My wounds had healed up a bit, and I stood.

It was dark, but I could make out the walls of the cell I was in. No one was nearby, or so I thought. There were footsteps nearby, and I turned towards them.

"Lavender?" A weak voice called out. My eyes widened, and I ran to the edge of my cell. Dark Pit was still alive, but where were we?

"Dark Pit! You okay?!" I called through the bars. Although it was pretty much pitch black, I could see his silhouette ahead of me, in another cell.

"Yeah. You?" He asked.

"Yep. Where are we?" I asked. And where's Pit? I thought to myself. There was a light at the end of the room, and Dark Pit didn't answer. Instead, he faced the same direction I did.

Someone walked through the door where the light was, and I tried to get a good look at their face. But, I was unable to do so. They were covered in armor.

Dark Pit stepped back as the stranger made their way towards him. There was a loud clang as his cell was unlocked, and his door creaked open. The stranger yanked Dark Pit out and slung him out.

I watched, frozen with fear, as Dark Pit was drug out of the room. The door closed up, and the room was once again covered in darkness. Unsure of what was going to happen to the dark winged angel, I knew I had to get out as soon as I could.

Then a thought hit me. If I could just pick the lock, then I could get out and rescue Dark Pit on the way. And I had just the right thing to unlock it with.

On my left arm was a bracelet, made of silver wire. All I would have to do was pull it apart, since it would be thin enough to fit through the lock. I began doing so immediately.

As soon as I got the wire bracelet off and through the lock, I twisted it just the right way, resulting in a click. Yes, I thought, pushing the cell door open.

My legs bolted to the exit, and I slammed through the door. It led me to a hall with dim lights. Cautiously, I walked farther and farther until I got to another door. I made my way through it.

What I saw was nothing close to what I expected. It was a large arena, and I was at the top, above the audience. There were rows and rows of people I'd never seen before, all looking at the same thing.

In the center of the massive room was Dark Pit, and in front of him was someone with black hair, a red hat, and he held something in his hand. There was a small, yellow animal on the boy's shoulder.

Squinting, I finally realized what was going on. People from Nintendo High were being taken here, being forced to compete in battle. At either side of the arena were cages, each holding smaller versions of the monsters we had encountered before.

In between Dark Pit and the boy was a tall, slender man (not the creepypasta xD). His arms stretched out as he smiled at the crowd. The audience roared in anticipation.

" Are y'all ready?!" He yelled out. They screamed out their answers, all relating to yes. I watched in horror as Dark Pit knelt on the ground, exhausted from the battle we had just the day before. He wouldn't last in this fight, even if the kid wasn't as strong as him.

"Let the battle commence!"

Sorry for the late and short update. I'd add more, but I'm sleepy. But hey, tomorrow's Friday! Yipee! I get new classes and then come home to sleep, read, and write!

~Pika