Chapter Seven

A/N Enemy in pic.

Before I could call Dark Pit's name, the monster had snatched him up and thrown him several yards. I screamed and ran towards the dark angel, but got caught under the monster's glare.

It roared, and I felt its claws penetrate my skin. I cried out in pain as it lifted me. Unlike Pit and his brother, I didn't have wings. There was no way I was getting out alive.

"Let her go!" Pit yelled, flying toward the creature's face. It bared its teeth and roared once again. Pit attacked it, firing into its mouth. The beast threw me down.

My eyes widened, and I braced for impact. However, I didn't land on the ground. Instead I was in Dark Pit's arms. I tried to smile at him, but I only ended up coughing up blood. Dark Pit looked at me in horror.

"Pit! We need to get her back! She won't survive-" Before he could finish, we were both struck by a giant claw. The monster grabbed me as soon as I hit the ground, Dark Pit in its other claw.

Although Pit continued to attack, it didn't do any good. We were screwed, and all of us knew it. Pit and I watched in horror as the deadly creature crushed Dark Pit in its grasp. He screamed, and was tossed into the monster's mouth. Before he was bit, the beast slung him across the field. Dark Pit landed far off, too far for Pit and I to see clearly.

Cold eyes stared into mine as my breath was taken away. My stomach was crushed, and I gasped out. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Pit drive my sword through the creature's eye. It screeched and dropped me.

"Pit!" I called out weakly. "Go get help! I'll take care of Dark Pit." My voice was rough, but I spoke as clear as I could. He nodded, and took off.

I pushed myself up and slowly made my way across the field. I didn't get far before I collapsed. The sky seemed to turn gray, and I felt a couple raindrops. My vision began to fail, and darkness enveloped me.

Sorry for the long wait, but here it is! A crappy update. Merry Christmas!