Chapter one - The Beginning

[Lucy's pov]
Hi, my name is Lucy Heartfilia. I'm 17 and I'm going to Fairy High. There are some things you should know about me before we start anything:
1. I love reading.
2. I have a best friend, her name's Levy.
3. I live with my alcoholic dad, he became like this when my mom left. That was 8 years ago.
Now we get to the dark part.
4. I'm depressed. I know what you're thinking: Why would she be depressed? She's like that for attention. I'm sorry, but you're very wrong. I don't want attention, to be honest, I hate when I'm in the center of attention. I never choose to be this way.
5. I'm selfharming and I'm suicidal. I like to cut sometimes, but I preffer bruising myself and I plan on killing myself sometime this year.

"Oh shit, I'm late!" I said as I began to run out of my house to school.
After 10 minutes I was in front of Fairy High.

"Bimbo! Who needs you? Go kill yourself!"
"Fucking slut! Can you be anymore annoying?!"
"Hahaha look at her, she's fucking crying!"
"Did we make you cry?" They didn't stop. They never stop. What did I do to you? I thought as they kept throwing insults at me.

I ran to the bathroom and started to kick myself all over my legs, then scratching my arms. I love the feeling of physical hurt, I would choose that over mental pain anyday.

After 30 minutes and skipping my first class, I went to my second. I had English, good thing was that Levy was in the same class.

"Hey Lu-chan!" I flinched as she yelled my name.
"Y-Yes Levy-chan?" I asked as she looked at me weirdly.
"Uhh, are you okay? Did something happened?" She asked, I looked away.
"No, what did you wanna tell me?" I asked as I she smiled.
"I heard that we are getting a new student today!" She said as I nooded.
"Alright, that's cool." I said emotionless.

~Later, in class~

"Listen up, we have a new student. Please come and introduce yourself." Teacher Laxus said as raven haired guy walked in.
"My name's Gray Fullbuster, nice to met ya." He said.
"Alright, you can go sit next to Lucy. Lucy stand up." Laxus said and I stood up. Gray smiled at me and I did the same.
"So, Lucy right?" He said as he offered me his hand.
"Right," I said and we shook our hands.
"Uh, I was hoping you could show me around. If you want of course." Gray said as I nooded. He seems like a nice guy.

~

"And lastly, this is cafeteria." I said as we finished our tour around the school.
"Thanks. Hey, do you want to hang out with me today?" He asked as I looked at him at shock.
"Believe me, you do not want to hang out with me." I said as he looked at me in confusion.
"Haven't you heard the rumors? Didn't anyone said anything about me to you?"
"No, why would they?" He asked.
"Well... no reason."
"So, you wanna hang out?" He asked again.
"I'm really sorry, but I have to be home on time and do some stuff." I said with a sad smile, remembering the last time I went to hang out with someone. Chills went down my spine in fear.
"It's okay. Maybe some other time." He said and I smiled.
"Sure."

"Yo, Heartfilia!" I heard a well known voice to call me.
"What?" I said as he waked close to me. He has pink hair and he is the most popular guy in our school. His name is Natsu Dragneel and he bullies me with everyone else.
"I see you found yourself a new buddy. You know she is the biggest loser in this school, right?" He was talking to Gray and I was looking down at the floor.

"And... do you know that you are the biggest jackass in my view? I don't care what you or anyone else says, I like Lucy." He said and it brought tears and a blush to my face.
"Gray.." He looked at me and smiled. My heart began to race as he did so. No one has ever done something so nice to me.

"Whatever." Natsu said and walked away.
"Thank you Gray.." I said as I hugged him.
"No problem, Lucy." He said as he hugged me back. I know what you're thinking, no, I do not like him. For god's sake I met him today.