Chapter Four - One Last Time

"W-What? You don't hate me?" Asked Lucy with shock written all over her face.
"No..." Natsu wispered.
"Then why? Why did you bully me for so long?" Lucy asked, deteminate to hear an answer.
"I just... heard the rumors about you and I didn't care if they were true or not.." He said with his head down in shame. He finally realized, what he did was wrong and he wanted to make it up to her.

"And you also didn't care if all those things you and everybody else did hurted me?" She said as she stood up and left. Natsu sat there in realization. Thinking about every time he bullied Lucy. He was stupid. He never concidered how she felt. The guilt was eating him alive.

"I'm sorry.." He wispered as he went to find Lucy, but he didn't know that Lucy already left. She left to her father for one last time.

~~~

"I'm home!" She yelled as she closed doors shut. Loud bang was heard trough the whole house.

"Lucy! Where were you?! You know what will happen if you hanged out with someone." Jude said as Lucy's eyes became dull. She knew what was coming, but didn't care enough to give a fuck. She is going to kill herself anyway, why would she care?

"I didn't hang out with anybody." She said. Second later she felt a grab on her wrist as she was being pulled to the basement. Once again, Jude pinned her down to a metal chair.

He took a hold of the candle and light it up. Jude walked closer to Lucy with candle in his hand, ready to spill burning wax on his daughter.

"Why are you doing this dad?" Lucy asked while looking her dad in the eyes.
"You murdered Layla! She would still be here if you were never born! It's your fault! All of it, it's your fault only!" Jude screamed and after spilling burning-hot wax on Lucy's skin, he sticked the whole candle that was still on fire to  Lucy's ribs. She winced in pain, but never screamed. It left a burning mark that will stay there for the rest of her life. Oh, and it left a hole in her shirt.

She wanted to know why her dad was torturing her for all these years. She never asked before, she finally gathered courage.

Not too long after, he was finished. Lucy limped to her bedroom that was upstairs. She got inside and just looked around. She remembered some good times in this house, before her mother left. That were good times. Her mother would always read her bedtime stories and her dad would lay beside her until she fell asleep.

But, she also remembered the bad times.

She remembered how many times she cried herself to sleep after her dad was done torturing and abusing her. She remembered the first time she cut herself, it was in this specific room. She remembered how hard she wanted to kill herself, but never had the courage. Oh, and the anxiety... So many panic attacks, not knowing what her dad would do to her the next day. Sometimes, she would even starve herself for days, but no one would noticed.

Now when she has it, in a weird way, it's like a rush of freedom. She finally has a goal, a plan, an escape. She finally has something to accomplish.

It's now 01:29 am. Her father fell asleep, she's planning to go on a meadow. Her favorite place of all. But, she wants to cut here for one last time, to feel blood sliding down her arm.

She went to the bathroom and got her box. She took a razor, the sharpest she had and pulled it through her arm which was already covered in fresh cuts and scars. The blood slid down just like she liked it. It made her smile.

After she was done, she got her bag and put her gun in it. She wanted it to be over as quick as possible.

~~

"Damn, I was such an asshole to her.." Natsu thought as he walked trough quiet streets of Magnolia. He went to a walk to clear his mind, since he couldn't sleep.

"Why..?" He asked himself as he remembered her asking him the same question. Why do I even care so much about her? It stabbed my heart to hear her cry earlier, but that's not an excuse. She probably cried as much because of me. Natsu thought as his eyes caught a known blonde hair. Lucy? He thought as he looked at her just standing there on a field.

All of a sudded, he heard a noise and saw Lucy putting a gun on the side of her head. At first he didn't know what she was doing, but soon enough he caught up and ran to her. He ran and screamed her name, but it was as if she couldn't hear him. He was just behind her before...

~BOOM~

————————————————————
DUN DUN DUN
Dramatic ending, I know. But the next chapter has a lot of Nalu (like every from now on)

Did Lucy kill herself?

Was Natsu in time to save her?

Find out in next chapter: I'll Be Your Friend

See ya, bye! ❤️