Chapter Eight - I'm safe...

I'm so sorry for not posting, please don't be mad at me 😥 please enjoj the chapter.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~Time skip, 2 months later~

Lucy and Natsu became really good friends. Both of them would give their life to save the other one's. Lucy's dad was still abusing her, but not as bad for some reason.

One day Lucy was walking home from school. She saw that police cars were in front of her house, getting her dad inside of one.

"What's going on?!" Lucy yelled as she ran to the police officer. She tugged on his uniform and explained that this is her father.

"We got police report about an abuse in this house, so we got here to investigate. We have found the whole torture cabin in the basement and our duty was to arrest him, young lady." Lucy couldn't believe the words that came out of the man's mouth. She was happy, but at the same time she felt sorry for her father.

"Who reported him?"

"I cannot tell you that information, my apology."

"How long will he be gone?"

"He comimited a very serious crime, I don't see him walking freely for at least 18 years."

Lucy felt joyful. Her dad was going far away from her, happines was all she felt. Yet, she worried what would happen after 18 years. Would he come looking for her? Would he continue with abuse? She didn't know, but she didn't need to worry about it, not for now.

"As his daughter, we need you as witness." Said the man as Lucy nodded, she was ready to go on court if necessary.

"Come with us, please." The man said and they got in the police car, not the same in witch had Jude in it.

~~

"Thank you for your answers, also, I'm really sorry about what had happened to you..." Said the woman who was talking to Lucy. She was nice and Luvy felt safe while talking to her.

"It's okay, but am I free to go now?"

"Yes." The woman and Lucy went to Natsu's house. She sometimes came there at night when her dad was done with his games. She needed comfort so Natsu was the best person to give it to her.

What do I do now? I can't live by myself in there, I'm not 18 yet. And I don't want them to put me in campus. Gosh, I hope Natsu comes with some idea.

Knock, knock

"Coming!" Natsu yelled as he made his way to the door, revealing his best friend.

"Hey Luce! What's up? Wait, did something happen? Did your dad do something to you again?!" Natsu started to panic, but Lucy just smiled at him. Her action confused the salomon haired boy, but at the same time, made his heart beat faster and his tummy feel funny.

"My dad is gone. He's in prison and he's not going to do anything to me in at least 18 years... Natsu, I'm so happy!" Tears of joy poured the blondes face as she jumped in Natsu's arms.

Natsu was in the state of disbelief, but after a moment or two, hugged Lucy around the waist with all his might. Smile appeared on his face, he was as happy as Lucy was.

"Luce, that is awesome! Did you report him?" He said with his chin resting on Lucy's head.

"No, I don't know who reported him, actually. You know what, I don't really care, I'm just gratefull to that person." She said, snuggling into Natsu's chest.

They spent the afternoon watching movies while cuddling, eating together, going for a walk and playing some games.

"Hey, Natsu?" Lucy said, both of them were sitting on a couch in Natsu's living room. Her body leaning on his chest.

"Hm?" Natsu hummed in response, his head resting on Lucy's.

"I kinda don't know what to do..."

"What do you mean?"

"Since my dad left, I can't live in the house by myself. I'm not 18 yet and I don't want to go in the campus." Lucy said as chills went down her spine.

Few moments passed as Natsu tried to come up with an idea. Finally, one came to his mind and he was very happy to share it with Lucy.

"I've got it! You can stay here with me!" He said with a smile.

It would be awesome if Lucy stayed with me. Oh god, just thinking about it makes me so excited! ... Wait, what?

"-tsu! Natsu!!" Lucy yelled while waving her hand in front of his eyes.

"Huh? Sorry, I just spaced out.. What did you say?" He blinked and took Lucy's hand.

"Do you really want me to stay? Aren't I going to be a burden?" Lucy said in low voice, she thought that she was nothing else but burden to this world.

"Of cours I do! I would love to have my best friend in the same house as me! I could always know that you're safe and I can give you rides to and from school. We can talk and watch movies all the time!" Natsu cheered all excited what made Lucy smile big time. She wondered what she did to deserve him.

Her smiling went for too long, so it was Natsu's turn to bring her to reality.

"Lucy! Now you're spacing out.." He said with a laugh, Lucy couldn't contain hers so they both laughed together.

"Yes, I would love to stay here with you!" Lucy said and hugged Natsu as thank you.

Both of them were as happy as they could be. At that moment, everything seemed perfect...

———————————————————————
I'm sorry for short chapters, I'm out of ideas.

I promise to make this story more interesting. 👆🏻

Stay tunned for the next chapter!