Chapter Sixteen - Levy's Date

"Lu-chan! Lu-chan!" Yelled a blue haired girl, unusually short for her age, but she was Lucy's best friend nevertheless.

"Hey, Levy-chan! Did you need anything?" Lucy questioned with a smile on her face, looking around the school ground.

"Actually, yes. I need you to help me prepare for a special meeting I have tonight.." Levy whispered the last part as her whole face got red, her eyes looking everywhere except for Lucy.

"Ooooh..! Levy-chan has a date!" The blonde squealed in excitement, making Levy panic and jump around to quiet down her bestie.

"Quiet down, Lu-chan! I don't need everybody to know that.." she put her hand on Lucy's mouth as Lucy nodded her head apologetically.

"Sorry.." she mumbled through Levy's palm.

~~

"Alright!" Lucy clapped her hands as they arrived at Levy's place. They immediately went to her closet to look what would be the most suitable for her date.

"Okay... what kind of date is it?" The blonde asked, turning her head to look at Levy. She took a minute to think about it herself.

"Well, I don't think it'll be anything too expensive or anything. I think it'll be a simple walk and grabbing something to the eat on our way.." she explained and blushed one more time.

"That doesn't sound bad at all, I 'm so proud of you, you really deserve a good guy who'll take care of you." She stated and gave Levy a tight embrace.

"Thank you, I really love you, Lu-chan!" The blue haired shrimp said, giving a blonde a tight embrace back.

~~

"There!" Lucy slightly yelled and looked at her masterpiece. Levy looked gorgeous in her eyes, it wasn't too much, but at the same time, it wasn't casual. It was just perfect.

She was wearing a black pants that had a red string with white letters and a tight black shirt which sleeves cut and it. Also, a necklace with a letter L, it was made from white gold and it complimented her outfit. She didn't wear much makeup, but it was enough.

"You look really pretty, Levy-chan!" Lucy smiled at her.

"Thank you..!"

~~

"I'm really nervous, Lu-chan.. I think I'm not ready for this.." Levy tugged on Lucy's shirt, turning back in try to leave, but Lucy quickly grabbed her waist with her arms.

"No way, we worked too hard for this and you liked Gajeel for a long time! Don't chicken out now! You can do it!" She cheered her on, but it still wasn't enough.

"I-I don't know... what if he doesn't like me? What if all of this is only a challenge someone gave him and I turn out to be a big fool..?" The anxiety kept growing every second, with every word in Levy's mind.

"Listen, he doesn't like you, he loves you. You know how I know that? Gajeel told Natsu how nervous he was to even ask you out, that means he likes you very much. Now go and get yourself a boyfriend!" Lucy finished and pushed Levy into the park where they saw Gajeel sitting on a bench.

"H-Hey, Gajeel..." Levy greeted nervously, she noticed Gajeel's stare at her, he looked like he saw a star, he looked like he witnessed a miracle before him.

"H-H-Hey, L-Levy.." he stuttered more then Levy, which she found funny and couldn't keep back her giggle.

"Whatcha laughing 'bout, shrimp?!" He defended with blush and a hand over his mouth.

"Nothing, nothing... you're cute.." she commented, making him even more embarrassed.

"We should go.." he mumbled and took her hand in his and they began walking.

~~

They were walling for 10 minutes when Gajeel covered Levy's eyes and led her forward. When they came to their special place Gajeel removed his palms off her eyes, letting her see the spot they came to.

"Wow..." Levy gasped, the two of them were standing in the same park, but on the other side of it. On this side was a river and a beautifully decorated table with candles on it. The light balls were obstructed, making it even more romantic. Levy was left speechless.

"Did you do this, Gajeel?" She questioned as Gajeel nodded his head.

"With Juvia's help.." he answered.

"It's beautiful.."

~~

'I can't keep it in anymore... I have to tell her.' Gajeel thought, shyly peeking at the little shrimp who sat beside him.

The best friends were sitting under an old weeping willow, the same one that had provided shade for them during the first summer they met. He nervously chewed on his lower lip. He breifly closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and turning to face the blue haired girl.

"I have to tell you something." He practically blurted. Levy looked up at him from where she sat.

"Sure. Anything, Gajeel." He shot her a crooked smile, the one that caused her stomach to flutter.

Gajeel opened his mouth and then closed it, unable to meet those piercing eyes. "Levy... I-I love you.. I have for as long as I can remember." Gajeel stuttered, his voice barely above a whisper, her cheeks flooding with the color of pure rose.

He felt his heart sink as everything remained silent, the only sounds being the hum of cicadas in the heavy summer air.

"I'm sorry, I should have-" His words were cut off as his chin was lifted by a little hand, hazel eyes wide. He suddenly felt tender lips against her own, his eyes fluttering closed.

After a few moments, Levy pulled away, a hand still caressing his cheek.
"I love you too."

~

Natsu and Lucy secretly gave each other high five as they succeeded in their mission.
——————————————————————
Thank you for reading! Bye bye! ❤️