Raulph

Part 2

  "What the hell man?!" Jake shouted as he ran in through the hospital doors.

"What happened? Is she ok?"

"I don"t know shit bro, my mom's in there trying to figure out what happend." I looked towards Soph, she had tears in her eyes starting to fall. She and Olivia have been acting weird for the past few months, this was Olivia's fourth time in the E.R this month. I feel like nobody tells me shit. Thankfully, Jake got Sophie to talk, sort of.

  "How the hell does she manage to be a fuckin cluts?" I said. Soph glanced at me,

  "Shut up...."

"What?" I'm a bit surprised she said that, especially to me.

"Forget it," she shook her head. I stared at Jake, both of are as confused as the other.

 A few hours later mom came out. We all stood up, Jake, Soph, myself, her coach, Lex and a few others where there. Dad wasnt though, he had 'meetings' to attened to. He's been acting stupid too.

  "Is she ok?" Jake asked. I don"t know anyone that loves my sister more than my dumbass best friend. I hope Soph finds someone like that, that way I don't feel like bad for leaving next year. As much as I pick on them, I love mysister's.

  "Jacob, answer me truethfully..." Mom focused on Jake. He nodded.

"Have you been beating her?" We all stood and stared at him, his face.... his face was full of disreaspect, rage, hurt...everything.I knew better, he wouldn't....that means...

"NO!", he started to tense up.

 "Do you know anything, if someone at school is hurting her? Anyone..for the love of god.." shestarted crying. No one knew anything, no one said anything, then Jake asked, "I saw marks on her back, i was gonna ask her, but we got into an argument and i didnt want her pissed at me..." He hunched down and started crying. Full blown crying. I never seen him cry, not even at his grandpas funeral.

 Lex was hugging him, "Why are you aking that mom?" I asked.

"The doctors noticed that her rib....is healing, meaning it was broken. When the soccer ball hit her, it caused it to rebrake...Umm she also had her back with marks, just like Jacob said she had, and healing fractures in her skull. Nothing too serious, no concussion or anything but..." mom started choking on her words, rage washed over me. I saw Jake's face besides him wailing like a baby, i saw the hurt and anger and pain he had...but who, most importanlty, why the fuck didn't she say anything? I turned to stare at Sophia, he face fell. She had that same look on her face when I caught her watching a porno one time. She knew something.

    "Hey." I said as i walked into her room.

"Hi," she looked so week, and volnurable. Her leg was in a brace now. No more soccer is what doctor's are thinking, but she's a Carmello, She'll do it.

"Is Jacob here?" she asked, I nodded. A worried look on her face showed. "Is he still fuming?" She looked nervous.

"Well wouldn't you? Aren't you?"

"Yea, but not with him..."

"He's not angry with you...he's angry that he had a feeling but didnt bring it up." I tried to comfort her. Jakes been up my ass trying to see her. She refused, Especially after Soph came clean. Sophie still beats herself for it, but it's better this way. No matter what, I'll do anything to protect the woman in my family. I may be the only son, but im a man now. Im going to do what I need to do.