Chapter 3

Sorry for the late upload. I've been kind of busy with the family and stuff. This chapter is going to have a cliffhanger, just to get you guys more excited. I'll be uploading more chapters in the week. Enjoy! - Whitknee

Chapter 3

"Trinity! Wake up! You're going to be late!" My mom pulled the covers off my body. "Quickly! You don't have much time!" She kept nudging me. I woke up wondering what all the commotion was about.

"What do you want mom?" I mumbled and tried pulling the blanket back on me. 

"It's almost eleven! You're going to be late for work!" She flipped my bed over. I fell onto the solid ground. 

What?! How could it almost be eleven?! I got up from the ground and looked at the clock. My mom wasn't lying! It was already ten thirty! My eyes lit up. I ran to the bathroom so I could get ready. I looked in the mirror and noticed that I still had my Starbucks uniform on. I guess last night I was so tired that I never bothered to change into my pyjamas. At least I didn't have to worry about getting dressed. My plan was to multitask. I didn't have time to do everything at once. I went from brushing my teeth and doing my hair to eating breakfast and tying my shoes. I was done in no time. It only took me about twenty minutes to complete all my morning tasks. That was probably the fastest I've ever gotten ready for anything in my entire life. It was time to rush to work. I didn't stop to say good-bye to anyone. My focus was to get to work on time.

During the train ride, I felt bad for leaving the house without saying a word. I know getting to work on time was my first priority but saying good-bye to my family members wouldn't have hurt. Oh well, I couldn't run back. I decided I would apologize right when I got home. When the train stopped at one of the stations, two girls walked in and were wearing Never Shout Never t-shirts. They even had boards with pictures and words written on it. I overheard, oh wait. I shouldn't say overheard because they were basically talking so loud that almost everyone on the train could hear them. Anyways, they were talking about Never Shout Never obviously. I couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation. 

"I'm so excited! I can't believe this is their first show in Toronto and we're going to be there!" One of the girls shrieked. 

"Oh my gosh, I know right! I heard Christofer is so much hotter in person!" Another girl added. 

I was kind of confused. I didn't understand who this Christofer person was. I assumed he was part of the band but what did he do? I couldn't eavesdrop on their conversation anymore because my stop arrived. The girls were obviously getting off at the same stop as me. I followed them and tried to eavesdrop on their conversation again but they stopped talking about them. It was worth a shot, but for now I had to focus on getting to work on time. I looked at the time on my phone. It was already eleven thirty. This was just great. It takes me another twenty minutes to walk to Starbucks. In this case, I couldn't walk. I needed to run, so that's what I did. 

Damn, I was out of breath! I arrived at Starbucks and I was literally panting. I'm definitely not an active person at all. I looked at the time to make sure I wasn't late. It was eleven fifty. Thank god, I was ten minutes early. My boss walked up to me in confusion. 

"Hey Trinity, what are you doing here so early?" He crossed his arms. 

"I couldn't.. be late. Ten minutes.. isn't early sir." I was still trying to catch my breath. 

"More like an hour and ten minutes." He chuckled.

"What do you mean sir?" I looked up at him.

"Trinity, your shift doesn't start till one." He pointed at the clock on the wall. I let out a huge sigh. You've got to be kidding me!

"Don't worry Trinity. I'll let you relax until your shift starts. You seem to be out of breath." He patted my back. 

"Thank you sir. I honestly thought my shift started at twelve." I laughed at my stupidity.

"It's okay. It shows me that you're really dedicated to keeping your job." He smiled and walked away. 

I sat down at a table so I could regain my energy. I couldn't believe this. I had to call my mom and let her know what she got me into. I could be sleeping an extra hour right now but she was the one that woke me up and threw me off the bed. 

"Hello?" She answered.

"Mom, why'd you wake me up so early?! My boss just told me that I'm an hour early for my shift!" I explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry hun. Well at least you're not late, right?" She chuckled. 

"Yeah, I'm an hour early. Oh yeah, sorry for leaving the house without saying good-bye." I apologized.

"It's fine. I'll see you later tonight, okay? Bye!" She hung up.

I ended the call and put my phone down. Right when I looked up and started looking around, I couldn't believe who I saw. What the hell was Josh doing here and how did he know where I was working? He noticed my face and started walking towards me. I was not in the mood to start talking to him. He grabbed a chair and sat down next to me. 

"Hey, I've been trying to contact you. Can we please talk?" He looked me straight in the eyes.