Jitte against a Nodachi

Tenshi

Punk Hazard Laboratory

Cold sweat trickled down my spine as I staggered down the seemingly endless hallways of the lab. I leaned on the cold steel walls for support as I continued my agonizingly slow treck in search for an exit. There's gotta be something. A door, a window, anything!

My ragged breath resonated on my ears, heart pounding violently as I struggled to remain in control of my body. I could feel it. It's slowly taking over. At every minute passing by, I could feel my grip slipping from the reins of my sanity. If I get through this alive, I swear I'll throttle Ceasar to the brink of death then make his very death agonizingly slow, worse than how I feel right now...and shove his journal up his ass.

My knees gave out and I fell slumping on to the cold floor. Must...find...an exit...

I placed both my hands on the floor, pushing my own weight in a struggle to stand up once again. How many times had I fallen now? Ten times? Fifteen? I lost count. But this time, something was not right.

My left hand twitched uncontrollably, disobeying me despite how many times I tried to lift it or even just a simple opening and closing motion with my fingers.

Shit.

Loud footsteps echoed along the halls, and I could faintly make out some voices. Someone's coming.

"Master, what should we do? Mr. Law and Smoker are locked in a battle" one of those yellow jumpsuit-wearing people asked.

Smoker is here?!

A sucking sound could be heard from inside the room. I crept nearer, wondering what all of this is about. As much as I want to run away from this place, I need answers. People gotta stop using me as a guinea pig. I have feelings too, you know?

"What the hell is Law thinking? I thought the plan was to make them go away."

"But the escaped pirates took those kids in the biscuit room with them and ran into Law at the front door."

"So the Navy saw the children?!"

"Y-Yes"

"That's what I feared most. Now they know something is going on in this island!" the sound of glass breaking echoed throughout the room. I moved closer, trying to remain quiet as I trudged nearer. "Even if we kill Smoker, the Navy will know something is wrong."

"I thought so," a soft, familiar feminine voice said. I think I heard that voice somewhere...

"You just got back. What are you doing now, Monet?" Ceasar ask. I peeked in the doorway, careful not to alert them of my presence. The winged human that kidnapped me earlier stood behind Ceasar, a sly grin on her face.

"It was them." She giggled, taking her eyes of the newspaper to look at her master. "We should have paid better attention."

"Huh?" Ceasar raised his eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Vegapunk's dragon and Brownbeard's Centaur Patrol Unit have been defeated."

Defeated? So that means Luffy and the others...

"What?!" Ceasar raised his voice in shock.

"No way!" the yellow jumpsuit worker interjected.

"Which means those pirates you kidnapped along with their ship had other crew members, and they were in the burning lands already," she explained. "They made it across the lake and from what I saw, they'll be here in a couple of minutes."