I • Debut °

Author p.o.v

Lisa Manoban; still a trainee with 3 other girls was behind the stage. It is her time now, her time to shine. She had been waiting very long for this moment. She was debuting as a member in BlackPink under the YG entertainment, in Seoul, South Korea. It may have been seen as a dream just a couple months ago when she didn't get the news but they were ready and they were gonna hit the stage with all the force they had.

She was standing there bobbing up and down, her blonde-dyed hair jumping along with her as she couldn't wait. She looked at her phone for the nth time. 5 minutes left. Beads of sweat started to form on the side of her face that was plastered with stage makeup. she looked up at the t.v in the waiting room where it showed the other k-pop group finishing up their song and winning an award for getting whatever views.

She wasn't ready, she really wasn't. she could believe that the minor from a dance group in Thailand could make it so big, yeah her friends from her hometown group became stars, but she never really thought that she would have a chance. She looked over at her members, Kim Jisoo, Kim Jennie and Park Rose. They were quietly humming the songs to themselves. Trying to distract themselves from their own hammering hearts. Lisa turned around and walked towards a mirror as she noticed that there is only 3 minutes left. The beads of sweat were trying so hard to trail down her face.

She looked at herself. Her bangs almost going into her eyes. Her cute cheeks puffing as she smiled and the light sparkling in her eyes. She looked at her clothes and focused on trailing her eyes at the designs that were sewn onto her shirt. She looked back up into the mirror. somehow looking at her eyes calmed down her heart. As one of the saying goes 'dream your dreams with your eyes closed, but live your dreams with your eyes open' and she was ready to open her eyes. all the time she spent practicing after hours and bottling up her emotions from the public eye.

"you can do this Lisa. No you have to do this." She whispered whilst nodding to herself. She looked at herself one last time making sure that nothing had happened to her make up while she was sweating and almost breaking down. She turned around and walked over to her members who were still doing things with their hands and humming softly. They looked at her as she approached, her light feet tapping had brought them out of their unwavering new found oddity in their hands. All of them huddled together and clasped their hands together forming a mini circle of four.

"this is it guys, we can do this." Jisoo said, looking into each one of their eyes. Jisoo was the eldest of them. She was what people called 'Korean beauty'. Her small lips and big eyes with a double lid. Although going through years of rough training and singing lessons, it made her face brighter than people would believe. They all came in for a hug, breathing in each other's scent which bizarrely calmed their nerves, they were in this together, they stayed there until they heard the door creek open. They looked up to see the familiar face of the noona they adored; their manager.

"it's time" Was all she had to say and the scared faces of the four young and talented women's washed away into a grin. The jitters were gone and now it was time to shine. The two words was like a magical pill that summoned their confidence, like a jolt of electricity going through their veins, they shook out the negativity and let go of each other's hands and straightening themselves. It was time to become South Korea's next favorite girl group.

. . . . . . .

Lisa p.o.v

I tried to calm myself down as we walked out of the room. I kept twirling my fingers. Sure I had a huge grin inside of the room but i just can't stop feeling like something bad will happen. My head was spinning. Questions started to pop up in my head. What if our Blinks don't like me? What if I mess up and ruin everything? Yes 'blinks' is what we called our fans. There weren't a lot considering the fact that we had just released our music video like two days ago but they still are fans, well getting to become our fans, they barely even know anything about us.

Sweat started trailing down the side of my head. We started getting closer to the stage. And I could feel the force of the fans out there. Their fan chants of different groups were being sung. I have to do this. Calm down Lisa, you've got this. You've trained so hard just for this moment. This is what I wanted. Alright Lisa get your act together. No more sweating. Just act like your usual self. The weird, funny girl who's a savage when insulted, I merrily thought to myself. wow I really am weird aren't I? I'm starting to talk to myself.

C'mon be the girl everyone will fawn over. I keep thinking about positive things in my head that I hadn't realized that we finally had reached the stage. My heart had begun to beat even faster than it is now. Was that even possible?! The other girls had stepped onto the stage and I could visibly see how much they tensed up. almost stuttering through the thank yous' I was reciting to our manager, I tried to breathe in through my nose and slowly out through my mouth.

One more step Lisa. That's it. Just one step and that's your cue on finally becoming a k-pop star. One more step and you have debuted under one of the best agencies. I look straight ahead and finally put my foot onto the stage. I'm so not ready for this. breathing in and out, steadying my breath i forced my jelly-like legs to walk across the stage. The dance floor, filled with marks and scratches felt smooth, even through the soles of my boots. the stage where many k-pop stars performed and became superstars, I was finally on it. i was in the same position.

"everyone welcome BlackPink!" Is all I hear once I got to my position with the rest of my members. The crowd cheers for us and that pumps my blood more than 4 hours of a workout would. All of the different faces, different races and genders. it was all so over-whelming that tears sprung in my eyes. No Lisa! I scold myself. I had to keep my make up perfect. Looking back up at the crowd, I smile to myself and sigh before the music starts to play, thank the lords for creating ear pieces or else I would have gotten deaf five seconds in.

"hey boy"

Jisoo eonnie says into the microphone. The cheers of the crowd had gotten louder and for a second I thought that my ear piece would have stopped working. I keep dancing to the song as well as my other members. the audio in the back was doing great wonders to enhance our singing, of course we want to show everyone our vocals but we really do need to also make the show worthwhile, it's really tiring to sing perfectly whilst dancing.

"make em whistle like a missile bomb bomb, every time I show up, blow up uh" I say into the mic and as surprising as it is, my ear piece was still working, I was able to hear myself perfectly over the thousands of people screaming. Jennie eonnie starts to sing her part and then Rose eonnie. My turn comes up again and I give it my all earning screams from people that I can now call my fans...hopefully.

After finishing up our dance the other dancers leave after bowing and let us, BlackPink stay there. The fans were still cheering and kept saying BlackPink over and over again. I smiled brightly at them and I swear I might have almost cried. The host of tonight came onto the stage and clapped, making everyone else clap. along with him, as if they already weren't. We introduced ourselves and jumped right into talking about ourselves a little so that fans could know more about us. The debut was amazing. I'm so happy I tried out for the auditions held in Thailand. I wouldn't have made it so far if I didn't.

words: 1464

Thank you for reading~

-Minra