13. the beast

rachel hadn't been anywhere today

rachel hadn't been anywhere today. all she could think about was all the horrible things she had done when her humanity was off.

her family had no idea how they were supposed to talk to her. all her emotions came back at once. she thought turning off her humanity would make everything better but she had just ruined everything.

she heard a knock at her bedroom door and she opened it and saw stiles was there.

"hey." rachel said looking up at him.

"hey, i came over cause i was worried about you." stiles told her as she walked into her room and he followed behind her.

"what? why?" rachel asked as he closed her door.

"because you haven't been answering anyone's calls or texts all day." stiles said as she let out a sigh.

"how am i supposed to face everyone after everything i've done, stiles. i killed 6 people and one of them was right in front of you. i burned down a bar and injured over 10 people. i made my own father afraid of me." rachel said as she looked down at her hands and they were shaking.

stiles grabbed her shaking hands and she looked up at him.

"i remember when i blamed myself for allisons death you told me something. you said "it wasn't you." so right now i'm telling you the same thing. the person who did all those horrible things, it wasn't you, rach." stiles said as they locked eyes.

"it doesn't make it any easier. i hurt innocent people." rachel said.

"so did i." stiles said.

"i'm sorry." rachel said.

"hey, no. you have nothing to be sorry for." stiles said as she looked over at him.

"why are you still here? after everything i did." rachel asked him as they locked eyes.

"because you need someone to be there for you, right now. even if you don't wanna believe it, you can give a little bit back by forgiving yourself, rach." stiles told her as she let out a sad chuckle.

"how the hell am i supposed to forgive myself for any of this?" rachel said.

"because i forgive you." stiles replied.

rachel kept trying to get any sign from stiles that signified that he was lying but, he remained truthful as he spoke.

"you shouldn't." rachel said looking back down at her hands that were in her lap.