SIDE-DISH: PART III 🍫 Nathan's Chronicle

After quite an interesting day at work and run in with Walt, I was so relieved to get the hell out of my office on time for once. Before I sent out the last email, my phone buzzed. It was a text from an unknown number. I didn't remove Walt from my block list yet, so I knew it wasn't him.
        {Nathan... What are your plans for this evening? I'd like to see you if possible. It's Dalton, btw.} I stared at my screen in shock. Was this some trick or some shit? After months of no contact with me, he finally braved up the nerve to text me and let alone want to meet me tonight.
        {Dalton... Uh, hey. This is kind of awkward af. I been trying to reach out to you for weeks and now you want to see me?} I locked my PC after replying and noticed Matthew standing over his cubicle about to leave too. I flagged him down to come to my desk.
        {Look, I don't want to argue. I want to talk with you tonight... about us.} I should have been excited to hear this, but I wasn't. I guess I became numb after not hearing from him for weeks.
        "What you want, bitch?" Matthew made it to my desk finally. "I have got to take a mean ass shit! I think that damn panini didn't agree with my ass and I fucking refuse to shit here at work!"
        "You are a damn mess! Look at this," I passed him my phone to see the message from Dalton.
        "No the hell he didn't ! You better not agree to talk with him damn it!" He placed my phone back in my hand. "Do you want me to tell him to fuck off? "
        "NO! I am actually considering talking to him, but ugh, I've got figure out how I'm going to swing talking to both him and Walt in one night."
        "Mmm-huh," Matthew rolled his eyes. "You better figure that shit out quick!  If you want my opinion,  I think you should just say to hell with Dalton and go see Walt."
        "I knew you'd say that shit!  You honestly don't think I should at least give Dalton a chance and hear what he wants to talk about? After all, I should be glad he finally reached out to me."
        "Fine! Then, see them both, bitch! Hell, two dicks in one night might do you some good," Matthew laughed as he started to walk towards the elevator. I just glared at him and couldn't help but grin back at his crazy ass.
        "Good friends and advice are hard to come  by nowadays," I shook my head while looking back at Dalton's text, which I hadn't replied back to yet. "I guess my night is about to be booked."
        "Yassss! Booked with nut and sweat every where!" Matthew winked at me and then held at his stomach again. "UGH, let me go! I feel the brown apocalypse about to come out my ass! You better call me tonight with all the juicy details!"
        "Go home, before the floor is covered in your shitty life!" I waved him off. "I will keep you posted!"
        "Oh, fuck you! Alright," he replied with a middle finger and got on the elevator to leave.
        {Sorry for the late reply, just about to head out my office.  I had already made plans tonight, but I can see you after I'm done. We can meet at the riverfront downtown. If that's cool with you?}
        I took a deep sigh and grabbed my bag. I was too impatient for the slow ass elevator so I decided to take the stairs today down. I needed a way to pace my thoughts in preparation for tonight. Nonetheless, I was looking forward to getting all these unresolved feelings out of my system, by any damn means necessary.
        {That works for me. I'll see you, tonight} Dalton replied.
        I replied with a thumbs-up emoji. Then I received another text message, but it was from Matthew crazy ass.
        {Bitch, how about I had to pull over behind a package store and take a shit! Thank God I left them napkins from Subway in my  glove department!  You all set for tonight? }
        {Yes, now handle your business and stay the hell out of mines for at least a few hours.}
        {Ok, hoe! Well, let the side-dishing begin!}
        I shook my head at my phone and laughed as I continued down to the first floor lobby.