Crash

"I still can't believe she made you go to a therapist for that," he chuckles. "We literally did that whole thing so you'd feel better about everything and could move on."

"I know right," I agree, laughing. "I tried to explain it to her- how we were 'soul cleansing' so I could move past it all. But no, 'I just want to do what I believe is best for you. I mean, you went through all of that by yourself!'"

"But you didn't," he points out. "She literally showed up just as it all went south. And then, when it was over, you came straight to us."

"I mean, she did leave before the absolute worst part happened," I remind him. "And I refused to talk to her about it. So, she wanted me to see a therapist."

"Well, you didn't talk to her either," he laughs, still not understanding. "Or the other two your mom wanted you to try."

"Mrs. Mandy for three months, Mr. Jackson for eight months, and Miss Walley for a month," I name, counting them on my fingers. "I Told Mrs. Mandy I was only there because mom had already paid and I didn't want to waste her money. I informed Mr. Jackson that he was therapist number two and that he's not going to get any farther than the last one. Then, I let Miss Walley know that my first two therapists couldn't get me to talk and that she wasn't going to either."

"Savage," he admires, chuckling. "Bet your mom didn't like that."

"See, I didn't really care how she felt about it," I tell him bluntly. "Before the first session with each of the therapists, I told her that it wasn't going to do any good, that I was already over it, so there wasn't any reason for me to talk to these strangers about it."

"Hey, um, I don't know if you care or not, but I think your phone's going off," he informs me, pointing at my bag, which has a rectangular light going off inside. "It's been doing that for a while now."

I pull my phone out of my bag, turn it on- and start to panic.

"Oh, shit," I mutter, almost freaking out.

"What's wrong?" he asks, concerned.

"Bunch of missed calls and messages. From the boys," I sigh, turning my phone so he can see.

"17 missed calls, 14 voicemails, and 13 new messages from Theo"
"14 missed calls, 11 voicemails, and 10 new messages from Chris"
"13 missed calls, 10 voicemails, and 9 new messages from Zac"
"11 missed calls, 8 voicemails, and 5 new messages from Miles"
"4 missed calls, 1 voicemail, and 2 new messages from Channing"
"Snapchat lucaswill-iam"

"Seems like this Channing guy's a real winner," he jokes, pulling out his own phone. "Also, is that the Lucas from your date? And is that his actual Snapchat name?"

"One, Channing and I don't really talk or get along," I laugh, shaking my head and rolling my eyes. "Two, yes it's the Lucas from my date. Three, why do you want to know?"

"Because I'd like to add him on Snapchat. You know, to have more streaks on Snapchat," he explains, before adding quietly, "AndtoseeifIapproveofthisguy."

"And what?" I ask, not understanding what he said.

"And.to.see.if.I.approve.of.this.guy," he mumbles just as quietly as before, but a little slower this time.

"Sorry, I must be misunderstanding you still," I apologize in disbelief. "Did you just say that you want to see if you approve of him??"

"Maybe," he answers pathetically, running his hand through his hair awkwardly. "So what?"

"God, I am really loving this," I giggle goofily. "I have made Justin O'Conner, champion of 'Does This Make You Feel Uncomfortable?', feel awkward and uncomfortable. Yes! I have got to put this on the calender!"

Feeling giddy, I get up, trying to find a pen. I don't find one- instead, I find a black sharpie.

That'll work- and it won't come off easily, either.

I goofily run over to his calender. I find today's date

"Today, Friday, January 26, 2018," I start, writing as I go. "Sam Taylor made Justin O'Conner uncomfortable. And, done."

I go and sit back down, finishing my coffee.

"So, is that his Snapchat name?" he asks again.

"Ugh, yes," I groan, letting him add Lucas on Snapchat. "So, what should I do about the boys?"

"Well, I'd start off with reading their text messages and listening to the voicemails they left," he answers.

"That's a lot of voicemails, though," I complain. "I guess I'll listen to the last one from each and then check out their text messages."

I listen to their voicemails, each one making me feel guiltier than the last.

Theo: "Hey, baby girl. It's Theo. Again. Look, I know you're mad at me, but please. I need to at least know that you're safe. Please."
Chris: "Hey, Princess, Chris speaking. I don't know what Theo did to make you run and quite frankly, I don't care. All I care about is you, safe and sound. So, please, come home."
Zac: "Sup, doll face, it's Zac again. Look, Theo just confessed what he did to make you leave. Now, while it may be fucked up, it's no reason for you to run and leave the rest of us to worry about you. Please, come home. For us."
Miles: "Hey girly, this is Miles. Now, I know you're mad at Theo, but does that really mean you need to make the rest of us suffer? I mean, while you're out making Theo pay for what he said, the rest of us are here, worrying our asses off, wondering if you're even still alive. Now please, come home. Or hell, just let us know you're safe. Please."
Channing: "Good evening, your highness. Channing here. I know you're sticking it to the Theo man, but please, give it up. Even I am worried about whether you're still alive. Come on now, please come home."

Then I check out their messages- which really don't make me feel any better.

Theo:
"You okay?
Guess you're still mad at me.
Look, I'm sorry.
Sam.
Baby.
Please.
I don't care if you want Lucas over me. Just, come home.
Please.
We're all worried about you.
Can you at least let me know you're okay?
Or even still alive?
Please?
Hello?"
Chris:
"Hey princess, are you okay?
Where'd you go?
Is this because of Theo?
Idk what he did, but I need you to come home.
Please?
Hello?
At least tell me you're okay? Please?
Princess?
Please. I need to know you're okay?
Can you please just reply? Like, at all?"
Zac:
"Hey doll, where you at?
Theo told me what he did.
I'm sorry he did that to you.
Nobody's mad at you, you know.
Please just come home.
Or even let us know you're okay?
Hello?
Come on now doll face. Please?"
Miles:
"Hey girly. When you coming home?
Look, I know what Theo did was fucked up. But please come home.
You wanna talk about it?
Or at least reply so we know you're okay?
Hello?
Are you coming home?
Please?
We just need to know you're still alive, okay?"
Channing:
"Hey chicky, can you please come home?
Do you still have a pulse?"

Oh. My. God! They're soo worried!

"I need to go," I inform Justin. "They're super worried."

"You sure? Or would you rather stay here till it all blows over?" he suggests.

"I can't," I tell him, full of guilt. "They're worried about if I'm even still alive!"

I grab my things, rushing out the door. Not wanting to waste any time going down the stairs, I jump right off the platform, landing with my knees bent so I don't break anything. I hurry to my car, unlocking and turning it on with the starter button before I even start towards it.

I pull out of the parking lot, trying to get there quickly. I didn't even think to buckle up. Instead, I grab my phone.

They must be worried sick. I've got to let them know I'm on my way.

I pull out onto the road right as I finish dialing Theo's number and click 'call'. As it's ringing, I look up- to see blinding lights coming straight at me. I don't even have time to react or anything- I just hear glass shattering, a scream, and a voice before it all goes black.

"Theo here. Hello? Sam? Are you there? What was that? Sam, are you okay? Sam? Sam! Oh, God!"