Chapter - 2

"If only I could turn back time, I would find you sooner so that I could Love you longer."

Next Morning:

She couldn't stop the smile which threatened to make an appearance very now and then. Sitting amidst her friends, who were busy in their usual antics, Naina found her mind wandering back to the events of last night. She had thought that falling in love would be so scary, but she had not accounted for the happiness and the warmth which permeated her very being.

She pecked at her breakfast in a distracted way and stole a glance o her left, where her Rajveer sir was bent over a cup of hot tea lost in his thoughts. His face was screwed up, his brows furrowed together as he pursued his lips thoughtfully. He was thinking something and that too very hard. His palms were curled around the cup though he had yet to take a sip from that brew.

A rough jolt forced her to tear her eyes away from him and focus on her friends instead. "Tera connection kyun kata hua hai Naina?"

"Haan...kuch nahi.. wo bas aise hi..."

"Kya aise hi... kal se dekh rahi hun... tera network out of coverage hai."

"Nahi Pooja... Tu bata na kya baat hai."

Convincing her friend was not difficult, all her friends except one... who was far more pragmatic and astute than the others. She could feel Aalekh's eyes on her, but didn't dare to look at him.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Rajveer Sir depositing his now empty cup on the table and leaving the mess. She had to talk to him... had to ask him. She made to follow him, but even before she could so much as get up from her chair, a gentle but firm pressure on her wrist stopped her progress. She looked up to see Aalekh gazing at her with an unreadable expression in his eyes. He shook his head once... a single No... and she deflated.

Luckily, nobody seemed to notice their exchange and she was saved from the questions of her friends.

*

"Idhar kahe ko baithi hai?"

"Kuch nahi... bas aise hi." She replied in a dead sort of voice. All throughout the day, she had tried to catch Rajveer Sir alone, to talk to him but he had managed to avoid her. Then during lunch, she saw him talking on the phone and his expression was one of shock. After that, the man had disappeared leaving her all confused, frustrated and worried. If only Aalekh had not stopped her in the morning, she could have talked to Captain Shekhawat.

"Tere ko jhuth bolna ich nai aata Naina. Kaiko koshish karti hai...?"

She remained silent... so did he. When he spoke after a long time, it was in a soft voice as if he was trying to make her understand something.

"Kal tu Rajveer Sir ke saath academy se bahar gai thi na?"

She didn't reply, knowing pretty well that it was useless. He knew... and the question was just for the sake of formality.

"Aur aaj subah se tu unse baat karne ka mauka dhundh reli hai..."

"Aur agar tu mujhe nahi rokta subah to mai unse baat kar bhi leti." She replied sourly.

He smiled, a soft, gentle smile... not that she saw it but still...!!!

"Aur tu kya kehti unse?"

"Mujhe unse poo...." she stopped. He was right... she had been following Rajveer Sir all day long, but what would she have said to him. What would she have asked him?

Suddenly, she was glad that Aalekh had stopped her in the morning. Her heart filled with gratitude, she turned to thank him but swallowed her words at the look of extreme tenderness in his eyes.