Chapter - 3

"I would move heaven and Earth to keep you safe."

Running through the corridor, Pooja almost collided with Huda.

"Arey Punjaban...kya hua?"

She was too scared to speak... all that she could blurt out was.. "Rajveer Sir... Murder misson..."

"Zara ruk ja Punjaban.. tu kya bol rahi hai..."

Pooja didn't have time to make him understand. She ran inside, in search of the others. It was Ali who took her in his arms as they all tried to calm her. And when she told them about the cross connection and what she had heard, there was dead silence.

And as the cadets tried to make head or tail out of her story, and Pooja tried to convince them, came the announcement which jolted them to the core.

"This is Captain Abhimanyu Rai Chauhan speaking. Tomorrow morning all cadets in batches of ten shall leave for a drill to the Punjab Regiment Base Camp. Hum log exactly 06:00 hours pe niklenge. All the cadets are expected to touch the courtyard 15 minutes before departure time. Jai Hind."

It took their breath away... the scene was seemed straight out of their nightmare. Besides, with the attack on their favourite Rajveer Sir just a few hours back still fresh in their mind, the scared cadets made their way bck to Raj's room.

And although their information was true, and their concerns justified, Raj dismissed their concern with his usual I don't care attitude, in the process informing them that he wasn't going anywhere... no mission, nothing. And yes, he certainly was hiding something.

For the first time ever, the cadets were not ready to listen to their Rajveer Sir... nor were they ready to dismiss their concern of his wellbeing so readily. Though they went away from there without a word, but a plan of sorts had started to form in their mind. And , as Captain Shekhawat had once mentioned it to Captain Chauhan... "Inn cadets ko itna nakaabil bhi mat samjho." The cadets were ready to go to any extent to save their favourite teacher... and if it meant going against his back and planning a way out, so be it.

It took only minutes to inform Naina... but once she knew, she was worried... deeply.

Unfortunately, only five minutes were left for light out and they had to go back to their respective rooms. However, before leaving the boys asked them to leave the window of their room open. For once, Naina didn't ask any question and simply nodded.

Back in their room, Naina paced the room with a pensive look on her face while Pooja sat listlessly on her bed, fiddling with the phone. She had to return Suriji's mobile to him but Yudi had specifically asked her not to return the phone now and she had complied. Anything for their Rajveer Sir.

It took the boys only half an hour to make it to their room but even that little wait seemed like an age. It was only when Aalekh was almost at the ledge of the window and softly called her name did Naina come out of her trance. Hurrying forward, she helped Aalekh inside the room. Soon the cadets were sitting grouped on the two beds and watched while Yudi fiddled with the gadget.

"Koi bhala Rajveer Sir ko maarne ki koshish kyun karega?" Huda voiced the question which had been troubling all of them for some time now.

Aalekh: "Kai wajah ho sakte hain..."

Pooja: "Jaise?"

Ali: "Jaise usay sir se dushmani ho... Ya koi badla nikalna ho... Ya fir sir koi sachhai jante ho uss insaan ki jiske chalte unka dushman usnhe maar dalna chahta ho..."