Part Two - Haciamos

"Mom! Why would you do that? I really needed my phone." Lauren whined at her mom.

"Why would I do that? You, young lady, has that big of an injury and you didn't tell me. I know it hurts so don't act like it doesn't." Clara said eyeing the unclothed injured knee that Lauren tried to hide but failed.

"But I cleaned it and bandaged it nicely. I am perfectly fine."

"Look at the size of that Lauren. That's definitely a scar but more than that it would not heal if you have excessive movement. How did this happen?"

"Zayn and I were having a walk outside and he did something and I got annoyed, so to get rid of him I tried to walk as fast as I could and Camila bumped into me with the same force. And it ended with this."

"So you met her before the dinner?" Clara asked.

"Oh no, at that time I managed to cover my face with my hair. I didn't want our first meeting to be like that. Formal meeting at the dinner went better. I think she forgot that I was the one she bumped into cause she definitely remembered Zayn." Lauren said mainly thinking to herself.

"So you two good?" Clara said.

"I think we are good. Of course, it's not like the thing we used to have. But she tried to talk to me at least. I thought she would ignore me. Maybe she just was being civil. Maybe she has forgotten me. Maybe I-"

"Lauren, dear we discussed this. What did we decide?" Clara asked sitting beside Lauren and combing her daughter's hair with her fingers.

"I will not jump on to conclusions and if I have a confusion I will talk to her. I know that but what if-"

"No what ifs'. Honey, I am sure that if you spend time with Camila, know each other again, it will turn out good. 6 years is a huge gap. You both have to take your time. Okay?"

"Okay, Mom." Lauren nodded.

"Anyways, your father's deal is done. You no longer need to see Zayn if you don't want to. And Camila is coming over to give your phone in 20 minutes. Don't move from this couch until she comes. Avoid movement."

"Mom, Zayn and I can only be friends. I don't know why his dad wants to pressure both of us to start dating. And I can take care of myself, I promise." Lauren rolled her eyes. Her mother smiled before she greeted her mother goodnight and Clara went up to her room.

Lauren almost drifted to sleep when her head was finding some support in the air but she jerked back to reality. She took a glance over the big clock in their living room. It's been only 7 minutes since she was sitting down here alone.

She was exhausted. She got up early. Like at 2 am because she was not able to sleep. She was too excited and too nervous about meeting Camila. Her nervousness increased when she was told about Zayn joining at the dinner. And then the injury added the day. Also, she thought Camila would either be so angry with her and will ignore her or jumped into her arms after making an appearance first time in six years. But Camila acted like she was meeting Lauren for the first time.

Lauren was really sad when Camila started to give others more attention despite she was sitting right next to Camila.

'Is it because Camila doesn't remember much of me? I mean we were only kids. But I remember each and everything about her. And she only seems to remember me as the green-eyed girl who was her neighbor. Maybe because she has so many friends. They must have filled up my place. Well, I won't let it affect me and forget what I came back for. I came back for Camila. I came back to clear things up. I have faced enough of it. Now, this has to come to an end. It's okay if she has forgotten. I will make her remember and clean the mess in my brain that has been bundling up for 6 years. Though it really hurts that she doesn't remember me as much I do remember her. If she has forgotten me, then maybe she doesn't want to be friends with me again. No matter what, I won't force her to build a friendship again. I left her and I stand nowhere to build what I broke without her permission. I won't cross the line that Camila made between us. But what if Camila doesn't want anything to do with me.' Lauren thought but stopped and groaned.