Lunnnnch

(Me and Zaymie walked to lunch almost wordlessly)
(Zaymie spoke up in the lunch line) "Umm...Ethan?"
"Yeah" (I said grabbing a Apple and putting on my plate) 'I might get some chicken for Arempt too' "So...what's your question?"
(She stuttered) "Wa-was that your Dad?" (Her voice was low as if warding others away)
(I looked back at my plate) "Yeah, that was him,...he left my mom when my sisters were newborns and told her that he didn't care about her, and that he had different children, twins-Sami, and Maggie"
(She had a saddened look in her eye) "So...now you wanna actually starve?" (She teased lighting up the mood big-time)
(The lunchlady (Mrs.Ezmerelda) scolded Zaymie, Mrs.Ezmerelda had a Latino accent) "Shuz will not starve in zis cafeteria!" (She pointed)
"!" (Zaymie looked kind of scared to be honest) "U-umm"
"Shuz won't starrve?" (She lifted a brow)
"I-I won't starve...!!!" (Zaymie looked at me for help)
(I have her a worried look back-I couldnt do anything, I probably had one of the worst reputations-my mother was a lawyer, so everyone thought I was capable of getting away with almost anything. Fortunately, this was not the case) 'Sorry Zaymie, I can't help you..'
(Zaymie looked at Mrs.Esmeralda calmly, but scaredy a bit) "M-Mrs.Ezmerelda, I understand your concern for starving children-"
(She nodded)
"-but me and my friend were not joking about that you see, me and Ethan were trying to see and experience how those children feel about what's happening in their lives, please understand"
(Mrs.Ezmerelda actually looked quite pleased) "Ehhh-okay, but only because you seem like a shweet girl, but never say that again-like I said, shuz ain't a starvin' in my cafeteria"