v.

v.

“Liam, where are you?” Louis called out. They were playing hide and seek, and sadly Liam was not getting the point of the game.

“Here I am!” Liam called out from behind the bookshelf. Louis chuckled and shook his head and walked over to Liam.

“Well silly, I’m supposed to find you without any hints!”

“But I don’t want you to not find me.”

“Hey, bud, you know I will always find you okay?” Louis said as he gave Liam a tight squeeze. “Now how about some lunch?”

Liam nodded and ran off to the kitchen with Louis in tow. He had planned on making some grilled cheese since Harry wouldn’t be home until dinnertime.

Since the New Year had passed, things were back to normal, well as normal as they could be. Harry went back to work, his restaurant calling him and Louis now worked as a stay at home dad while still working on his column. He didn’t find it too hard to juggle between the two, considering he’d work on it while they were watching a movie or when Liam was taking his nap, so Louis particularly enjoyed it.

“Grilled cheese sound okay?” Louis asked as he began to prep lunch.

“Yes! Please!” Liam added the latter on in a rush, remembering to use his manner. Louis adored the fact Liam was trying his best to be a good kid, but he wanted him to be comfortable and himself. Liam was starting to grow into his old skin, but he had some habits that were going to take a while to get rid of.

The fact that jumping from home to home messed up Liam this badly broke Louis’ heart. He wanted this to be Liam’s last home, and he was going to make sure of it. Louis had a feeling that Liam liked it here, and it made Louis happy to see Liam so happy.

“Here you go sweetheart,” Louis said as he placed the plate in front of Liam. Liam stared at the sandwich as though it was made by the gods. Liam took a bite and gave Louis a big ole grin after he swallowed.

“This is delicious Louis! Where did you learn to cook so well?”

“You’re kidding right?” Louis raised an eyebrow as he asked Liam. He was skeptical because his cooking was rubbish; Harry was the cook around the house. Louis just knew how to tide over hunger without killing anyone.

“Nope,” Liam said popping the ‘p’. “I think you’re an amazing cook and your bum is really nice.”

Louis spluttered on the water he was taking a sip of as he looked at Liam horrendously.

“Liam, darling, who- where- how?” Louis tried to form a sentence, but it wouldn’t come out.

Liam kept smiling as he continued to talk. “Dada told me last night to say ‘Tell Louis he is a good cook because he doesn’t believe it, well not from me.’” Liam’s imitation of Harry’s deep drawl made Louis giggle.

“Oh?” Louis said with a smirk.

“Yes! And then he said your Daddy has a nice bum, so I thought you should know!”

Louis walked across the table and gave Liam a kiss on the top of his head. “You are simply precious, you know that?”

“No, I’m Liam.”

“Yes, yes you are.” Louis chuckled at Liam’s innocence and was happy he didn’t dwell too much on things. Being around Liam was fun, even if he was only five years old.

“So bud, ready for your nap?” Louis asked after they cleaned up after themselves.

“No!” Liam said with a pout. Louis rolled his eyes, knowing this would happen. Liam hated naps and Louis never understood why. Louis would be dying for a nap at his age all the time.