ii.

ii.

Time was flying as Louis and Harry grew in their new nest. They were getting settled quite nicely and life was going well. Harry was still working as the head chef at Pennite, a five star restaurant located in London.

If you had asked Harry in college what he wanted to do, he would’ve told you that he would feel lucky working at a local Nando’s. However, while Louis and Harry dated, Louis bought out a new found sense of pride in Harry’s work. Harry tried harder than ever, and gave up most of the partying in his life. Sure this lead to him losing a few friends, but the ones that mattered stayed around and he couldn’t be more grateful.

As Harry thought about the past, his present was filled with several cooks and servers flying around the kitchen, in attempts to keep up with the hectic dinner rush. After countless nights of flawless perfection in the kitchen, Harry knew it would crash and burn; it just happened to be tonight.

“Where is that stuffed quail? I wanted it out four minutes ago!” Harry called out from the dessert side of the kitchen. He was helping out his pastry chef considering the first wave of desserts were just called out.

“Coming boss!” Nick, his Sous-chef, called out. Harry didn’t question it because he trusted Nick all the time when it came to the rush. He was his second hand man, and to Harry’s opinion, he was by far a better cook than Harry.

Harry continued to bounce around the entire kitchen, only leaving when requested in the dining area, and it went well. By the end of the night Harry smiled knowing he had made it through the night, with the help of his lovely staff.

“Wonderful night guys!” Harry called out as he sat on top of the counter. He looked around the room at his staff, feeling grateful for each person standing there before him. “Now let’s get this kitchen cleaned up and I’ll go ahead and take care of inventory and all that.”

He got a wave of ‘yes sirs’ and ‘right away’ from the rest of the cooks and Harry just smiled as he hopped off the counter. He walked over to the doorway of his office to reach in and grab his clipboard. He wanted to get this inventory check done quickly so he can get home to Louis.

Louis, on the other hand, was not having as nearly as successful of a night as his other half. Louis came into work, swamped with works to read from inspiring authors. Louis felt like this was a slap in his face considering he wanted to be a writer himself. His manager made him read over each terrible or somewhat decent piece and by the time he was done, his manager was waiting for him in the doorway.

”Anything decent?” He asked. Louis bit his tongue, refraining from snapping at his boss, and simply shook his head.

“Didn’t think so. I’m looking for a new writer for the opinion column, but everything I’ve read has been horrid so far,” his boss continued.

Louis, having been keen on listening to his boss since day one, decided to take the plunge and do something daring.

“Sir?” Louis piped up while his boss grumbled something along the lines of ‘talentless morons’ under his breath.