Chapter 8 : Marinette

Adrien's POV :

When your eyes met I couldn't believe it. What was she doing here? My mind was a mess, so many thoughts kept running through my brain. I felt my eyes get wet, I felt guilt, I felt anger and I felt relieved at the same time. I tried to think of an excuse to go and see her.

"Uh...I have to go to....THE BATHROOM. Yeah, the bathroom, later", I stuttered as I ran towards the bathroom and took the back door.

I rushed towards her and she just stared at me with...I don't know...Her blue eyes looked at me with an emotion I never saw on her face.

"Marinette..."

When I said her name her expression changed in a split of a second. Her nervousness wore off and was replaced by anger. No, rage. She grabbed my hand and dragged me in a small alley free from eye sights.

"I'm sorry Marinette...I know that I've disappointed you but...You have to understand, I didn't know what to do...I was scared...I...I...I was crushed by my father's action...and...and...I didn't want to face the questions....I..."

"What the hell Adrien ?!" She snapped, "I've been sending messages ! And you haven't answered ! You left without saying anything ! The first thing I learn when I wake up that freaking hospital room is that my parents died and YOU abandoned me !"

"Marinette..."

I must have really affected her. When I looked at she seemed pale and skinny. Her eye bags showed her lack of sleep.

"No. YOU LISTEN TO ME. HOW DO YOU THINK I FELT?! I lost everything. My secret identity, my parents, my partner !!"

"I'm sorry," I replied shyly looking down at my feet, "You didn't have to come...I already know that..."

"I came because I care about you...", she answered while breathing heavily.

"Why would you care about me?! I left you !"

"Because I love you idiot!!"

"What...?"

"I loved you since the beginning. And then I slowly fell in love with Chat Noir...I know that I have Alya...but...I need you. As Adrien and as Chat Noir. Plagg needs you. Paris needs you."

All those tears I've been holding back just bursted out. I took Marinette in my arms and hugged her so bad I could have broken her. Then...she joined my sobbing and both of us stayed like that for a while.

After we both calmed down, we broke out of the hug. I wanted to show her that I did care about her. I cared for Marinette deeply. This warm feeling invaded my body, I felt light and happy when it hit me like a lighting bolt. I love her. I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. For a few seconds she seemed confused but cooperated quite quickly as she melt into the moment...

"I love you to Marinette."

**********************************************************************************

Marinette's POV :

After that magical moment, we headed back to the restaurant. A blond woman was running and waving towards us.

"Adrien! Where were you? We were worried sick about you?"

"I'm sorry mom. I saw Marinette and I had to talk to her."

"Marinette? Oh...you're Ladybug..."

"Um...Yes mam," I answered nervously.

"I'm sorry about what happened...sincerely."

"It's all right...It's not you fault," I replied smiling to make her at ease.

She continued to talk to her son, lecturing him about running off without saying anything. I looked around and I saw his brother, Félix standing in the back. He looked at me with cold eyes. It made me have goose bumps. As they invited me to walk a bit with them, we realised that Adèle and Félix were walking in the front leaving the two of us to walk, holding our hands. It was a nice feeling. I felt really happy. That's what real love feels like. I'm not ready to let that go. But I realised that I was very tired. The lights became blurry and my grip let loose and everything went pitch black. The last word I heard was a familiar voice calling out my name.

____________________________________________________________

Message :

I know this is a small chapter but quite emotional I think. And I like leaving you with a cliffhanger. I know I'm evil.

I'm gonna get really busy for the rest of the year now. Gymnastics training are coming back so does school. I will update on Saturday. I really want to work on the next chapters and also do some art. Thank you for following this fanfic, I love you all.