Pigs Are After Me, After You

Chapter Six.
Title from Bulletproof Heart by My Chemical Romance.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" Miss Florence snapped as soon as I closed the door behind me. She looked at me, far more enraged than I've ever seen her. "Did you honestly think I wouldn't figure out that you left Iero alive?" She shouted, throwing her hands up and then attempting to control it.

"You don't understand" I shot back "it was impossible, I couldn't do it. I just couldn't, and I couldn't let anyone else either" I tried to reason, hoping she would just let this pass.

She was fuming.
"I thought you were my best, Gerard" she snapped "I thought I could trust you with a case like this, it's so unlike you" she shot, still yelling.

"I apologize" I said instantly, caring more about finding out about her motives now. "I went to kill him, and I couldn't do it. You have to understand, it was something about him and I couldn't do it, you know I would've done it if I could" I tried to argue, but as her eyes widened I knew that I only made it worse.

"You tried to kill him and stopped?" She shouted "you put yourself in danger! You put us all in danger! What, because you're in love with a-" she stopped herself, taking a breath and leaving me quite shocked.
I've never seen her this angry. I've never heard her raise her voice like this.

What shocked me the most is that she thinks I'm in love with Frank, and that's why I couldn't go through with it.

"I don't remember what love feels like" I stated, trying to remain calm. I didn't raise my voice or speak out of term, I just needed to find out if she's done anything with Frank.

Miss Florence looked at me with something I couldn't really understand. "You are going to fix this and I'm going to make sure of it" she spat, this time her voice was at her normal tone, only a bit more aggressive. She picked up a whiskey glass from her desk and took a rather large sip of it. "You are going to go back and kill Frank, and Ray is going with you to make sure you go through with it.. it's your kill, you have two days" she finalized, looking at me with anger.

"What if-"

"No. You are going to kill him. If you don't, I don't think you want to know what will happen to the both of you" she said, dismissing me with a wave as she drank more.

I felt shaky, my entire body. Once I exited her office, she called for Ray to enter her office. I knew she was giving him the details and it's my chance to get what I need.

There's no way I'm going to kill Frank. I can't do it, and I don't know why. If I could do it I would do it, but I've never felt anything so strong telling me that I couldn't. I think it would be physically impossible for me to do it and I can't quite explain it.

As soon as I got into my room, I opened my safe and began shoving all of the money into one of my bags. Each thousand from a job was kept in an individual envelope, and I had well over two hundred envelopes saved up over the last five years. Once I had all the money in my bag, I packed the few outfits I always did.

Besides the money, I had a picture of myself and Mikey when we were children. Other than that there were no other personal belongings for me to take. All I needed now was a few guns, ammo, and my regular knives and supplies. It was what I typically took for a kill, but I managed to take one extra gun and a few boxes of ammo just in case.

I typically don't kill with a gun, it's loud and messy, but I take them in case something goes wrong.

Once Ray and I were both ready, we left.
I was never friends with Ray, but I was more fond of him than anyone else there. He didn't make me talk to him, he just talked to me.