Another Memory

Chapter Eleven.
Title from The Only Hope For Me Is You by My Chemical Romance.

"Oh my god, Frank" I said, almost breathlessly as I ran my hands through my hair.
It looked so much better than I thought it would look.

"I think the red really suits you" he told me, smiling at me from the bathroom door.

I was still messing with it, running my fingers through it. Frank made me wait a really long time to see it. First, he bleached my hair and then dyed it, and still made me wait until it was dry until I got to look at it.
"It's perfect" I bragged on him as I glanced back at him.

"No, it stained your neck a little" he chuckled, crossing his arms.

"So, what? It's perfect" I told him, watching his face grow a shade of pink before he turned away from me for a moment.
"You've really never done this before?" I asked.

"Nope" he replied.

"From the back they would never know who we are" I said, moving away from the bathroom.

"Yeah, especially with the new clothes" he added, moving to sit on his bed.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Like are you sure you want to go with me when I take them out?" I questioned, still afraid that something will happen to him.

"Gerard, I told you" he started "I want to do this with you.. we're partners in crime, remember?" He looked at me with his innocent eyes again.

"I remember" I told him, biting the inside of my lip as I glanced at my bed before moving to sit down on it across from him.
I don't want him to get hurt, and I don't want him to have to kill anyone. Killing someone will change everything.

Watching the life drain from them is traumatic and yet, you're unable to look away from it.

***

"Okay, I'm going to try to make sure you won't have to kill anyone, so hopefully you won't have to use this" I told him, grabbing one of the pistols from my case and handing it to him gently as I grabbed another one. In total I have three pistols and two knives. Which means I'll have a knife and two pistols and Frank will have a knife and a pistol.
"Here, hold it like this" I demonstrated, pointing the gun towards the wall of the motel room.

Frank observed how I held it and tried to do the same. I moved closer to him and repositioned his hands "make sure you hold it this way, your finger on the trigger and use your other hand as support. Lay this thumb on top of the base of the thumb of the hand you use as support." I showed him, and watched as he aimed it.
"When you're aiming, don't look at the target, look at the front sight right here" I moved my finger to show him what I was talking about.
"And when you shoot, it'll kick back, so be prepared for that. Also prepare yourself for the noise, when I shoot too, I don't want it to shock you"

Frank shook his head and stood in the perfect position, he looked perfect. I knew he would be okay if it came down to him needing to shoot someone.

"Most of them are scared to die, so holding them at gun point, you can do whatever you want with them. You hold them at gun point and I'll do the killing, okay? We can't leave any of them alive" I told him, watching him nod as he held the gun by his side before bringing it back into position on his own this time.

"Is this good?" He asked me.

"Perfect" I confirmed, a smile playing on both of our lips now.