16. We Can't Be Friends Again.

Hello Fam :)

Happy Friendship Day to each and everyone. :)

Happy Reading...

Dhruv(smirked): Having fun, guys?

Nandu stiffens seeing the person in front of her with a smirk plastered on his face.

Dhruv(questioned): So this was the reason why you have chosen them over us?

Abhi(sternly): Mr. Vedant, unlike some, I don't mix my personal and professional lives.

Dhruv(mocked): Is that what you were doing sometime back on the dance floor? I never knew they have changed the definition of 'professionals'.

Abhi(smirked): I guess you are more interested in knowing about our personal equations. Why don't you quit your business and join some gossip club?

Dhruv(confused): What?

Abhi(coolly): Yeah. You know you can always visit my home and we could 'discuss' our personal stuff. I will tell you about my personal equations and you could tell me about your special calls through which you bribe people for contracts.

Dhruv(furious): How dare you?

While they were on their banter, Nandini was shivering in fear looking at the person beside Dhruv. Words failed to come out of her mouth making the smirk on his face grow wider. He indicated Dhruv through his eyes, who nodded secretly understanding what to do.

Dhruv(taunted): Why is the usually Hitler Nandini Murthy maintaining silence on this topic? Unless she wants her affair to be true. Who knows what did she do to get this contract?

"How cool of you, Mr. Vedant?"

All of them turned towards the source and saw a smiling Manik, confusing everyone. Cabir, who was beside him, was shooting daggers at Dhruv.

Dhruv: Mr. Malhotra?

Manik(squealed): Nice to meet you again, Mr. Vedant. I must say you really have some amazing skills. I am a fan of yours.

Dhruv(confused): What are you talking about?

Manik(dramatically): Arey, see how down to earth person you are. You don't even take compliments. Matlab kaise kar lete ho aap. Logo ke videos nikalte ho that too with dates. Nandini se mile bina hi you know how she got this contract. Tum kya antaryami ho?

Dhruv(glares): Mr. Malhotra, mind your own business.

Abhi(gritting his teeth): Exactly, Mr. Vedant. Stop interfering in everyone's life. It's high time. Even we want to see you minding your own business. This is my party. Don't force me to throw you out of this place.

Dhruv(threatened): I will expose you all.

Manik(smiling sarcastically): Arey, mujhe bhi bulana jab tum apna proof-collecting process start karoge against us, please. I just love such mysterious detective stories.

Dhruv glares at Manik and leaves with the person. As soon as they leave, both Abhimanyu and Manik turn towards Nandini and speaks simultaneously.

Abhi: Murthy, you ok?

Manik: Nandu, tum theek ho?

She gives a slight nod to them before speaking to Manik.

Nandu(frightened): Manik, I want to go home.

Manik cups her cheek to which she flinches back. He removes his hand to not to make things awkward.

Manik(worried): Why are you so afraid, Nandu? Hum sab hai na idhar.

Nandu(mumbled, looking down): Manik, please mujhe ghar jana hai.

Manik nods.

Manik(politely): Mr. Thakkar, will you please inform my Dad about us leaving the party?

Cabir(assured): Manik, uncle ko main drop kar dunga. You guys go ahead. And take care.

Manik nods and starts walking when he was called by Abhimanyu.

Abhi(whispers to Manik): Please, take care of her.

Manik nods confusedly and leaves along with Nandu. During their journey to home, Nandu was just staring out of the window playing with her finger, a habit she does when she is extremely nervous. Manik kept quiet, carefully noticing her every single movement and expression.

Malhotra Mansion

They went to Nandu's room. Manik smiled, asked her to rest and left the room. Nandu was surprised as Manik didn't ask her a single question. She slept for clearing her head.

Late Night

Nandu woke up and found Manik sleeping on the couch in the sitting position, putting his head on the hand rest. She went towards him and caressed his hair due to which he woke up abruptly.

Manik(panicking): Nandu? You ok? Kuch chahiye? Are you hungry? Kuch lekar aaun tumhare liye?

Nandu(sitting beside him): Relax. I am fine. Tum idhar kya kar rahe ho? Iss awkward position mein? Sprain ho jayega.

Manik(informed): Woh main dinner ke liye tumhe bulane aaya tha but you were sleeping. Dad ne bola to keep a check on you and make you eat something.

Nandu(teased): So you were keeping a check on me on the couch, sleeping?

Manik(pouts): Arey mujhe neend aagayi. Main kya karun? Waise are you hungry?

Nandu(nods): No. I don't feel like eating anything. Tumne khaya?

Manik: Nahi. Even I wasn't hungry. (Excited) But I am making a hot chocolate for myself. Do you want some?

Nandu: No.

Manik(pouts, crossing his arms across his chest): Tumhe nahi chahiye tho mujhe bhi nahi chahiye.

Nandu(disbelievingly): When will you grow up? I am waiting on the terrace.

Nandu leaves to the washroom to freshen up. Manik grins and rushes off to make some hot chocolate for both of them.

Terrace

Nandu was staring at the stars when Manik hands her the cup and stands beside her.

Manik(concerned): Nandu, tum thik ho na?

Nandu nods in a yes.

Manik(hesitantly): Nandu aaj party mein..

Nandu(smiled): Can we not discuss this right now? I don't want to ruin my mood. Let me enjoy this hot chocolate.

Manik nods and gets lost in his thoughts.

After a few minutes,

Nandu: Manik, get the presentation ready for the Thakkar's project. He might visit us tomorrow in the afternoon.

Manik nods.

She gives him a small smile and turns to leave when Manik speaks.

Manik(sternly): So we are back to the Boss - PA business, boss?

Nandu(frowned): Manik..

Manik(hurt): It's ok, Ma'am. I don't think we can ever be friends again. 

Before you people misunderstand Nandini, please wait for sometime. Another chapter will be updated in a few minutes. :)

In love with my boss ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें