8. The Demise

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Manik and Nandu heard Raj shouting 'princess' just when they entered the house. He went and hugged Nandu first. Manik was at the side admiring them. Later, Raj hugged him too. He noticed that Manik was unusually calm. He wasn't fighting with him neither is he cribbing for giving all his attention to Nandu.

Raj: Nandu, after you freshen up, just come to my study.

Raj leaves. Nandu goes to the study room after freshening up and Manik to his room. He video called Mukti and settled after balancing his chin with the help of both his hands and a sad expression.

Mukti(screamed): Lover boyyy. Guess what?

Manik(gloomily): What

Mukti(frowned): Tera 'what' itna sukha sukha kyun hai. Nandu ne kuch bola? By the way, is she fine?

Manik(with a pout): pata nahi.

Mukti(confused): What do you mean by pata nahi.

Manik tells her about Dhruv.

Mukti(grinned): I am proud of her. Meri bichdi behen lagti hai vo.

Manik(worried): Mukku, please na. I don't know why did she punch him. And you know about Vedants right? Kitna planning and plotting karte hai. They get what they want.

Mukti(assured): It's Nandu against them. Aur waise what does he want now?

Manik(informs): Arey woh Thakkar's ka project. They want to work with us. Lekin hum Cabir se baat kar chuke hai.

Mukti(stated): Cabir se baat nahi karte, toh bhi Nandu uske saath kaam nahi karti. Thakkar's na? I think Dad told me about this. I guess papa is dropping this project. So, you won't be having a competition from Vardhans.

Manik(puzzled): Dropping? Lekin kyun?

Mukti: I don't know exactly. Maybe due to his new branch. He needs to complete it by next month if he's thinking of shifting.

Manik(sadly): Tu bhi shift ho jayegi. Mujhse milne kabhi nahi ayegi?

Mukti(frowned): Tu meri jaan hai. Tujhe kaise milne nahi aaungi. It's not even decided waise. He might hand it over to someone, too. And guess what?

Manik(with a bright smile): What?

Mukti(smirked): I am coming to India. I will be on a break. Toh I am planning on visiting home and you.

Manik(excited): Yeh tu mujhe ab bol rahi hai? Mukku, I am so excited. Hum kya kya karenge.

Mukti(laughed at him): shaant lover boyy.

And they talk all random stuff before Mukti goes offline as she had some work.

Meanwhile, study room.

Nandu was sitting opposite to Raj's chair and Raj was leaning against the table beside Nandu. They discuss Thakkar's project and about Dhawan's partnership. After their business talks,

Raj(worried): Princess, is everything fine here? Manik. Is he fine?

Nandu avoids telling him about Dhruv.

Nandu(sighs): Uncle, even if he isn't, I will make sure he is fine. Maybe he is upset for tomorrow.

Raj(in a faint voice): oh yeah, tomorrow.

Seeing him lost, Nandu squeezes his hand that's on the table, bringing him back.

Raj(smiled weakly): I am fine, beta.

She sighed. They are anything but fine.

Nandu(hesitated): Uncle, I need a leave.

Raj(patting her head): Nandu, you don't need to ask. No one here goes to work on tomorrow's date.

Nandu nods and leaves. On the way, she checks up on Manik and finds him laughing while talking to Mukti. She's happy that at least Mukti could make him smile. She leaves for her room and decides to sleep as tomorrow would be a long day. She needs energy for that and she can't fall weak, not tomorrow at least. She asks the butler not to disturb her even for dinner and goes to sleep.

Next day

Nandu woke up and saw that it's 4 in the morning, her usual time of sleep. She gets ready in some comfortable wear. It's six when she decides to leave after putting on her hoodie. There was hardly any traffic on the road and she knows which car to follow. Soon reaching her destination, she parks her car at a safe distance.

It was a private park of Malhotra's. Today was the day when they suffered their biggest loss. Today was the day when Nandu's Nyo maa and her own parents were declared dead in a plane crash. That day was still afresh in her mind.

Raj was left with the kids since he had some work at the office. Nandu's dad, who worked along with Raj, was to attend some meeting and he wanted his wife to accompany him. Nyo, who loves traveling, also joined Nandu's mom, also her best friend, after giving a silly reason that Nandu's mom will be bored due to the meeting if she goes alone. The ladies planned to roam the place and treat themselves by shopping while Nandu's dad attends his work. Manik and Nandini were left at home under Raj's guidance due to their approaching exam schedule.

Raj still remembers about how he cribbed to go with them but somewhere he is happy now that he didn't leave his children behind. He didn't even want to imagine, how many difficulties his children would have faced if he too has died in that plane crash. The park where Nandu was there, has the tombs of them.

Every year Manik comes and sits there till he cries his eyes out. This was the only day when an ever-smiling Manik cries. Nandu always follows him and stands there without his notice, allowing him to cry. Once he's done with his crying, he leaves for his home and shuts his room till the next morning. She secretly follows him to make sure he is fine and safe. It was easy, as Raj doesn't come out of his study room the whole day. He indulges himself in work. And Manik will not be in a state to notice her. But, today destiny had some different plans.

Nandu was lost in her thoughts. When she looked up, she didn't find Manik there. Instead, she heard a voice behind her.

"looking for someone"

She turned around and found Manik with a stern face. Surprisingly, there was not a single tear drop on his face. He removed her hoodie, properly revealing her.

Manik(sarcastically): Look who's here. Nandini Murthy. You think, all these years, I didn't know that you follow me and leave without even talking to me?

Nandu(whispered): Manik...

Nandu couldn't answer. She was shocked, Manik knew. He knew all the time that she was there. She never wanted to show him that she cares for him. She had her reasons.

Seeing her speechless, he dragged her by her elbow. They were now sitting before the tombs, side by side. 

In love with my boss ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें