Next step

'Meet me at the border, please?' I texted Vic. I was already there. I knew what Artemis had told me was true, but I didn't want it to be this way.

'See you there.' He replied.

It made me think back to the days I didn't know what I was, when I was naive and could make choices in my own time. Now I was threatened by time. I know it shouldn't matter too much since Victor was already my best friend and we knew a lot about each other, but I never liked rushing into decisions. I know it's not anyone's fault but it would have been nice to have had a choice.

It wasn't long until headlights appeared in the distance. When he parked on the side of the road and got out.

I ran into his embrace and held him close. "Woh there is something wrong?"

"Not at all," I said but it didn't sound convincing even to me. "I just missed you." I added.

I stretched up onto my tiptoes and kissed him and let both parts of me love him. He didn't resist or try to ask me again what was really wrong even when he could see something was wrong, but we were both become lost in ourselves, lost in our love of one another.

--------

I lay beside Vic on the back seat of his car, our clothes scattered around the car, and I looked into his eyes with a big smile on my face. I felt free like a large pressure had been released. The dryad within me seemed to have settled down maybe know I will be able to control it.

"So what was wrong? You looked sad." He asked while he played with my hair.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I'm here with you now." I smiled up at him.

"What did you do today?"

"I meet a goddess, did some magic, you know the usual."

"A goddess?"

"You really need to pay more attention in classics." I shook my head at him. "It was Artemis the goddess of the hunt and deity of all nymphs." I explained.

"Your day sounds better than mine. I've just been stuck outside Mystic Falls trying to keep a low profile."

"Oh, really I thought that your day must have been pretty good." I rolled my eyes.

"Why's that?" He furrowed his brow.

"You got to spend time with me." I said with a cheeky grin.

"What do you mean? Don't I normally?" He said playfully.

"You know what I mean." I gave him a little shove into his shoulders.

He drew me in for a passionate kiss. I felt safe in his embrace; it felt like we were two puzzles pieces that fit perfectly together.

He withdrew from the kiss, "Then yes." I giggled.

I should really get going before Bonnie comes looking for me. Even though I could stay here in this moment forever I need to get going.

"I should get going before Bonnie starts to worry. I will see you tomorrow." I got up and started to collect my clothes from around the car. He sat up behind me pulling my hair aside to place delicate kisses down my neck.

"Stay," he whispered. His kisses were distracting me.

"Don't distract me. I have to go even if I wanted to stay." I turned to face him with a serious expression.

He let me be while I collected my clothes and got dressed. "I love you, Vic. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you too." After the goodbye kiss I wondered off into the trees.

-----------

When I got back it was quite late. Bonnie was still up, I could see the light on in the lounge. I could hear a conversation faintly going on inside, so I just headed straight to my room.

"You're back." Bonnie seemed relieved.

"Yeah, sorry to rush out on you like that." I replied sincerely.

"That's okay. You went to see your boyfriend right?" She asked.

I blushed bright red, "You didn't." Bonnie teased. I shrugged.

"I feel great. I even feel like I have more control over my powers. I'm ready to turn in so if you don't mind if we talk about it tomorrow..."

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Bonnie walked back to the lounge.