Ch.2 <3

As I knock on Ivy’s door, tears’ streaming down my face, Mrs. Wood answers the door. “Are you okay Lilly?” She asks concerned and pulls me into a hug. “No.” I answer in barely a whisper. “Here come in sweetie.” She says holding open the door. “Ivy! Lils is here!” Mrs. Woods screams. Not even seconds later, Ivy comes running down the stairs and tackles me in a humungous hug. “Lils are you okay?” She asks concerned. “No, my mum found out and kicked me out of the house. She said she never wanted to see me again.” I mumble. “Mum, can Lilly stay with us until she can get an apartment?” Ivy asks, her voice filled with hope as she looks up at her mum with pleading eyes. “Please, Mrs. Woods. I promise I’ll be out when I get my first check.” I say determined. “Lils, you can stay as long as you need. You’re always welcome here.” “Thank you so much Mrs. Woods.” I say hugging her tightly. “No problem sweetie.” She assures.  

                 (The Next Morning) I woke up, to a recording of Louis singing Look after You. It’s my favourite song by the Fray. And it was our song. I slammed my phone on the nightstand and went to get ready for my seven hour shift at Nandos. As I stand under the hot shower, I look down to my stomach. There’s a little tiny bump. I poked at it, and smiled to myself.  Was I scared to death? Yes, but there’s nothing I could do to change what Louis and I have done. I’ll make the best life I possibly can for it. No matter what I have to go through. As I hop out of the shower, I throw on my Nandos waitressing outfit, curl my hair and apply natural looking make-up. I quickly grab my purse from my bedroom before making my way downstairs. “Ivy, come on! We have to leave for work, or we’ll be late!” I scream up to her from the front door. “Coming.” She yells back.

                    As soon as we pulled into Nandos, we see that the place was already packed. ‘Great, this should be a fun day. It’s only 11:20 A.M and already packed.” Ivy huffs. “We’ll live.” I mumble not in the mood to be here. As I walk inside, my boss comes strutting over to me. “Lilly, can you get those 4 tables; we’ve been short on employees lately. And would you mind taking on more hours?” She asks, hoping I will. And in all truths, I honestly really did need more hours, especially since I had to support myself and a baby now. “Yeah, I’d love to take on some extra hours.” I respond, appreciating that she had asked. “Okay, can you start a nine hour shift tomorrow and work Saturdays now?” “Yeah, I sure can.” I reply, trying my best to smile. I have never worked a Saturday in my life; now the only days I’ll have off, is Sunday and Monday. Ugh, Well I better get those tables now. I thought as I tied the green half apron around my waist. After waiting on about 20 tables, it was  3:00 and time for a lunch break. As I sat at the table, waiting for Ivy, I snacked on some Peri Peri Chicken. One of the perks of working here, is you get discounts. “Ello,” Ivy says smiling and sitting down across from me. “Hey.” I groan. “So, I forgot to ask you, how far along are you?” She whispers, looking down towards my belly. “About 4 weeks.” I answer stirring the chicken on my plate around with my fork. “Do you have a bump yet?” She asks curiously. “Yeah, but it’s tiny.” I respond.

              ---After a Long, long day at work, I drove us home and fell back onto my bed. “My feet are killing me.” I groan before rubbing my eyes. “Yeah, Saturday can’t come soon enough.” She says turning on the telly. “Maybe for you,” I huff. “What do you mean Lils?” She asks. “I work nine hours every day, and only get Sunday and Monday off now.” I say sadly. “Well at least you’ll have bigger pay checks and you’ll be able to support you and the baby.” She says smiling. “Yeah” I agree. ---Breaking the silence that followed, I heard a guitar playing “Hey There Delilah”. I look up at the TV and see Louis as he starts singing it… on The X-Factor. Tears started to form in my eyes, as I watched him on that stage. It got to the point where everything was blurry and I couldn’t see anymore. I grabbed my pillow, and hugged it close in front of me as I sobbed into it. As Louis Finished, I heard 3 of the judges put him through. He was going to live his dream far, far away, from me. I smiled though when I remembered I was having his baby. Even though he left, I would still have a piece of him here with me.