Ch.5 <3

(A week later) Ivy and I unload the last, lonely, cardboard box from the Range Rover, before heading back inside our new flat. I’ve had a long week of work, but the baby and this apartment kept me going strong. There were loads of rude customers, long hours, but really nice tips. “Hey Ivy, can you help me move this box up to the loft?” I ask trying to lift it on my own, but quickly dropping it back onto the floor with a thud. “Yeah.” She responds grabbing the opposite side of the box. “Here, just set it here, we have to wait for the paint to dry in our rooms.” I say slowly dropping my side of the box onto the carpeted loft. Here is how we re-did our rooms ([weheartit]) my room. ([weheartit]) Ivy’s bedroom. “I hope it dries soon, the pullout couch isn’t comfy at all.” Ivy whines heading over to check the bedrooms. “Oh, you’ll be fine. “ I mumble heading back downstairs to make dinner. “What do you want for dinner?” I ask fumbling through the cupboards. “I’m not hungry.” Ivy says clutching her side and falling onto the couch. “You’re not hungry? Holy shit! That’s a first I say chuckling. “Yeah, and there’s a sharp pain in my right side and back.” She groans before owing and pulling her knees up to her chest. “Aw well let me know if there’s anything I can do.” I say sympathetically and grabbing a thing of beef flavoured Ramen Noodles, since I’m the only one I need to cook for tonight.

                      Once they finished cooking, I went over and sat next to Ivy on the couch. She was turning pale and looked nauseous. “Ivy, are you okay?” I ask concerned as she gazes off into space. Suddenly, without warning she darts for the bathroom.  I rush after her, to see her hung over the toilet puking her guts out. Almost gagging a bit in my mouth, I ask, “Ivy, what’s wrong?” “I don’t know.” She mutters. “Once you’re done, I think we should just relax and watch a movie. Okay?” I say hoping that relaxing will help. “Okay.” She mutters, flushing the toilet, brushing her teeth and joining me on the couch. “Lils, I’m scared I’ve been sick for 2 days and it just gets worse and worse. I’ve been sick to my stomach, not eating, I’ve had a fever. It hurts like hell. It feels like someone is taking a knife and stabbing it through my lower right abdominal and moving it back into my back.” She says pulling her knees up to her chest again. She looked very, very pale and ill. I knew something was up. Then suddenly, Ivy screamed bloody murder and fell onto her side, curled up into a fetal position. “That’s it; I’m taking you to ER. I say trying to pick her up. Once I succeeded, I grabbed my purse with my fingertips, locked the door and ran for the Range Rover. I quickly threw her in the passenger side, and she buckled up as I sped full speed for the hospital.