Twelve

Namjoon and I looked over. The reporter, Jungkook, was up, the damage more clear now. More light had poked through the room, exposing more horrors. Blood had poured over his right sideburn, licking down his neck. The source of the blood was sticky with blood, it almost like a glaze.

His lip was slightly split open, his cheek swollen. I could see the bruises forming. The gash on his arm wasn't as bad as I thought it was; it was pretty shallow, enough for it not to bleed as much. I saw rashes along where his handcuffs were. He had been struggling.

"Don't let him touch her," Jungkook forced this time. I could see how much fear was in his eyes from Jinkyong hugging onto Taehyung. I didn't know how much the guy had heard of Taehyung and I talking, but it must have not been a lot from his reaction.

I turned to Namjoon, looking up. He stared at Jungkook for a moment, a fire in his eyes. He then turned to me, seeming a bit scary, but I knew he wouldn't lash out at me. "Get these two out of here and grab Jimin. I need him."

I gave a nod. I got up from the ground, going to the back of Taehyung. Taehyung was still hugging onto Jinkyong, crying into her little shoulder. I didn't think that he heard Namjoon. I unhooked the collar from his neck, letting it fall to the ground. I saw the area was a bit red from irritation.

I grabbed Taehyung's shoulder, slowly trying to get him to his feet. He slowly followed me along, holding Jinkyong as we went along. Jinkyong hung onto him, making sure not to fall. It was a slow process, but I could see Namjoon's eyes planted on Jungkook the whole time as I helped Taehyung to his feet.

After the painstaking time, I pulled Taehyung out of the door with Jinkyong, his sobs starting to calm down, but he still cried. Jinkyong stroked his hair gently, trying to make him calm. I smiled sadly at her. She had a big heart for someone as broken as Taehyung.

I heard Namjoon close the door behind us. The cold air nipped at my cheeks. I could feel it already slipping into my pajama pants, making goosebumps run across my skin. I hugged onto myself with one arm, the other splayed on Taehyung's back.

Through the chaos in my brain, I saw Jimin and Hoseok coming towards me, Insu trailing behind. Insu looked confused, not understanding why we had come out of that trailer. I felt myself pause, myself getting scared. Insu was going to want to know from what state Taehyung was in and probably why I had looked so wild and bewildered at the time.

Hoseok and Jimin stopped in front of me. I watched Insu cling onto Hoseok's sweatpants, looking a bit frightened as always around Taehyung. Hoseok looked at Taehyung with concern, Jimin looking at me for answers.

"Joon wants you inside," I told him quietly, nodding my head towards the door. I didn't feel in the mood to really talk.

Jimin gave a nod, brushing past me. I didn't look back to see him walk into the trailer. I just heard the door open, it giving a faint squeak, then closing to leave us outside in our silence with each other besides of the small sobs of Taehyung and Jinkyong cooing to him.

"You wanna talk about what happened?" Hoseok said quietly. He started to come towards me. Insu instantly let go of his pants out of fear of getting closer. Hoseok stopped next to me, pulling me into a hug of comfort.

I held onto him for a second, pressing my face into his shoulder. I felt like I was about to cry, but I held it in for myself. I felt like I had given up on my kids. I failed to keep them safe. I never wanted them to realize what went on under their noses, but I was starting to realize that was never going to happen.

After those seconds of the hug, I pulled away from him. He kept a hand on my shoulder as I turned to see Insu, him staring at Taehyung, monitoring his situation. He knew Taehyung didn't seem right.