Twenty-Five

With how much comfort I was getting, I was starting to feel a lot better.

Seokjin had stayed by my side the whole entire time since I had gotten back to the camp. He was always there, a few feet on my tail to where he could keep an eye out. I knew how protective he was towards me and the kids, and now that there was another one coming, he was now on full guard.

Namjoon had to switch out Yoongi with Taehyung when we got there. Taehyung was supposed to monitor Jungkook some more. I wasn't sure for what, but I didn't want to ask. Taehyung had given me a look of longing as he left, his shoulders slumped but I saw he had to stay committed to the large situation at hand.

Yoongi had given me a smile when he saw me. He looked a bit disheveled and tired. He had confirmed my theories as he congratulated me and Namjoon then said he was going to go wash up and take a nap. I had just said a thank you with a forced smile.

Jimin had ran off to go find Hoseok and the kids. I knew he wasn't going to blab about the baby to the kids, but Hoseok was a possibility. I didn't mind him telling. Before he had left, he gave my shoulder a squeeze with a smile, saying, "You got this."

Namjoon confronted me the moment I stepped out of the car.  He had pulled me into a tight embrace, not letting me go. I had no more tears left to cry but also forced myself to stay calm. I almost felt numb as he hugged me, saying things that didn't make sense in my mind. I couldn't process the words. It was like I was in a haze, as if a dream-like state had taken over my body.

Now the moon was growing over the horizon, the sun officially set. It was Insu and Jinkyong's bedtime, myself putting them to bed as Namjoon checked the property to see if anything was out of place. He would be back soon he told me before he left. He had also told me he hand cancelled everything left on our list for our stops. I was a bit shocked because he hadn't done something like that before, but I just nodded and let him go.

In Insu and Jinkyong's room, it was cozy and sweet. It was a gender-neutral room for the both of them, not much of a theme to really go off of. They both shared a bed together due to the small size we had in the trailer. We had once told them we would try and renovate the trailer to let them have their own beds, but for the time being, it would have to do as it was.

Jinkyong was snuggled into me as I held the book with my good hand, propping it up on my legs that were arched a little to keep it steady. On my other side, Insu was staring at the pages with wide eyes, looking at all the pictures and colors. Jinkyong looked as if she was about to fall asleep, but Insu was intrigued with the story.

As I finished the last sentence, Jinkyong's head hit my arm, her eyes closed. She had her stuffed elephant cuddled up against her. I smiled at her as Insu took the book out of my hands, got out of bed, and ran over to a bin to place the book in it.

Insu scooted back onto the bed as I had Jinkyong lie down, putting a blanket over her. I bent down to place a small kiss on her forehead, then turned to Insu for his goodnight.

He had already snuggled himself up in his blanket, his big eyes going from the entranced state he was with the book to a more serious tone. I kept a smile on as I placed my hand on his forehead, smoothing his hair back.

"Mommy, are you okay?" he asked me quietly, still having his eyes on me. The tone in his voice reminded me of Namjoon when he got worried. 

"I'm fine, sweetie," I said gently, running my hands through his hair. I looked at his locks, stopping my hand for a second. "We need to give you a haircut soon. You're hair is getting so long."

"You hurt your hand."

I bit my lip for a second, starting to run my fingers through his silky hair again. I gave a small sigh. "I've not been feeling very good lately. It's okay, though. I'm still here for you. And I love you just the same as always. I will never stop loving you or your sister or your father."