Thank You, Apologies, and Feedback

First and foremost, thank you, thank you, thank you. I truly appreciate all of you who have stuck with this series. Your feedback and comments make my day and help to improve this story.

Secondly, I'm sorry. I know I did some mean things to the characters in this book. Particularly one character. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of you never want to read a single word from me again. Unfortunately, there's no going back. Her fate was set in stone from the moment I began this series, though I admit it became increasingly difficult to go through with it as I grew to love her. So while I can't bring her back, know that I am so, so sorry for putting you through that.

And finally, feedback.

1. Based on feedback you guys gave me on The Experimental Murders, I've tried to weave a little of Scales' backstory into the main series. And I've also tried to show a little weakness on his side. Did it come through well? Should I do more? Is he seeming more human (aside from torturing and murdering beloved characters)?

2. The romance. Again, too much? Too little? Was the tension between Booker and Trinket annoying? Was the kiss scene executed well? Do the romantic scenes between them after their confession seem natural?

3. All right, now for that scene. Gin. Putting aside that I'm sure you all hate me for it, did the emotion come through in that scene? Gin means too much to have her death be meaningless and done poorly. Is there anything you think could improve upon the emotional part of that chapter?

4. How did you feel about Tory's portrayal? I really struggled with her because I didn't want to give a stereotypical and offensive view of mental illness, but Tory does fit into the idea of "crazy" since she believes the voices in her head. Did her character come off as offensive? Unrealistic? Unsympathetic? Anything you think could make her better?

5. Any other feedback you may have.

As for the next installment, which is now live:

The Numbered Corpses.

This will be the very last book of the mains series

This will be the very last book of the mains series. Lots of loose ends will be tied. Secrets will be spilled. Decisions will be made. Excited? I am!

In the meantime, though, and as a way of an apology, I have another short story for you. This one is about Gin. Yes, we finally get to learn more about who she was before she met Booker. Honestly, writing this was very enlightening for me. I had no idea about her backstory until I sat down and started typing. Gin revealed all sorts of things to me. And she managed to tug at my heartstrings more than she already has.

I've also made public the playlists for this story on both Spotify and YouTube. Links in comments and on my message board. Also, reminder that the Spotify playlist has more songs and will have more content added as the mood hits me.

So, without further ado, I give to you Never Kick a Pup (bonus points if you can guess where that title came from).

P.S.: If you guys have ever wondered what these characters would be like in the modern world, check out RosieRoo689's fanfiction! (I'm still totally shook and flattered that someone wrote a fanfiction for my series).